Chapter 11 - Australian roadtrip

"Day 100

It's been 100 days since we left Istanbul. It seems so far away. We have had so many adventures since the marriage of Leyla teyze and Muharrem usta. I miss Istanbul sometimes. The smell of coffee from our favorite shop, the baklava baking in the oven, the view from Büyük Camlıca Parkı, so close to the city and yet so calm. But I don't regret our trip. I've always dreamed of seeing the world and I found the ideal partner for that. For 100 days, we walked, ran, sang, danced in the street, lost a bag, a ring, took cooking lessons, surfing lessons, painting lessons, photography lessons (for Demir: D). We (well Demir) read dozens of books, watched horror movies from 5 different countries, hiked, went on safari, met hundreds of animals, wanted to adopt 30 dogs, 40 cats, 2 zebras, 1 elephant baby, 12 birds, 9 monkeys and 3 lizards. We argued, we reconciled, we got sick, we got lost and so much more. I don't know when we're going back, but I can't imagine the thousands of adventures I have left to live with this man....soon-to-be my husband."

"Day 105

"Day 105

We have been on the road for two weeks. It took almost 5 days to reach Brisbane along the coast. We stopped the first time in Port Macquarie. We discovered a wonderful hospital there for Koalas. These little animals are so cute! I convinced Demir to stay 2 days so that we could help out in the hospital. We helped the healers feed them, got the eucalyptus in their land next to the hospital, learned their way of life, it was wonderful! These animals are so sweet, so kind ... I hope we can help the animals again during our roadtrip. Our second stop before Brisbane was the Gold Coast and Southport. We thought we were surfing at [Surfer's] Paradise but we didn't like any spots. The tall buildings and palm trees reminded me of pictures of American coastal cities. Our hotel is located in the Frog's Hallow district, not far from the botanical garden, facing the Brisbane River. We plan to stay here for a few days before hitting the road again. Wie absolutely want to see the kangaroos. I hope the locals will give us some good advice. "

Selin and Demir are having breakfast on the hotel terrace facing the Brisbane River. Demir's explaining to Selin the schedule he had in mind for the day while she's on her phone.

"Selin " calls Demir, trying to draw Selin's attention

" Hmmm " replies the woman with her full concentration on her phone

" Are you listen to me? "

"Hmmmm " replies Selin for the second time, still concentrated on her phone

"Selin " said Demir with more insistence this time.

Seeing no answers from his fiancee, Demir took the phone from Selin's hands.

"What are you looking at like that? " asks the young man with a hint of jealousy

He smiles when he sees his own instagram profile.