Chapter Six: The Caravan in the Woods

It has been about three weeks since both of our groups started to get closer, so we normally stay at the camp and try to hunt for food. I put the emphasis on trying, the only person that was actually good at hunting was Noah. It was nice, for a while we forgot that the world has ended, it's nice to just be reckless teenagers again.

I've grown close to a select few, Seungmin and I were somewhat close if we weren't bickering and I was close with Liam. I got on with Junsu but not really Noah, probably due to the age gap. George doesn't talk much, he likes Sammy though and often plays with him. Currently, Liam, Olivia and I were taking a walk to the stream to collect water, "Ughh it's so far" Olivia whined. "We're nearly there," Liam replies back. We start collecting water in bottles and anything that could hold water then I hear a screech "Ahhh!" Olivia shouts, flailing her arms around. I turn around and see Olivia has slipped on wet rocks at the water's end and carelessly and recklessly cut open her knee, it looked deep. "Are you okay?" I question Olivia "I think so," Olivia says with tears in her eyes. "Let's get back to camp," I tell her and Liam and I help walk her downhill.

It's been about three days now and Olivia's knee has gotten infected. "Do you have any medicine?" Eve asks Junsu. Junsu shakes his head no "They used everything to treat the kids that got bitten, they didn't know it would be in vain". "We have to do something, is there not a pharmacy in the town situated around here," I ask. "The thing is, that town is really far away, we're completely detached from it, it's at least a few hours drive from here. How would they get there also, and we don't know what kind of danger lurks there." Seungmin explains with those piercing green eyes staring into mine.

"We brought a car down with us and parked it near the Ranger's station, we could use that if you guys know where it is" I suggested. "That might work, but who would go?" Liam asks. I look around at everyone, I knew this wouldn't end well we have all become so adjusted and cozy in our own little world separate from those flesh-eating freaks no one wanted to leave, I look at everyone one by one, Junsu stared at the floor, Noah only looked at George who was reading his comics, Liam looked at me as did Seungmin. I knew I'd regret this so much, I gave in "I'll go" I sigh. "I'll go with you, I know how to drive," Seungmin said blankly. I nod in approval. "I'll go too" Liam reassures with a small smile. "Me three" Eve replies. With that our mission started.

We had packed small items, a few water bottles, some knives we knew we didn't need too much as if everything went well we'd be back at the end of the day. Everyone was now ready and I found myself staring at Sammy. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him here and I knew it would be unsafe and a liability to take him with us. "He'll be fine, he's got Sophia and George to take care of him. You'll see him soon" Eve smiled at me.

We started to make our way back to the ranger's station and found our Honda which had been left to grow dust. Liam was driving, Seungmin was in the passenger's seat, Eve and I were in that back. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Liam breaks it "So, now we're all cozy this seems like a good chance to get to know you girls more" He said with a grin. "What do you want to know?" Eve asks. "Uh... Favorite color?" Liam questions with his eyebrow raised "Mines probably yellow" Eve stated. "Mine's orange" Liam beams "... Rina what about you?" "Uh... Probably blue" I shrug. "It's your turn now Seungmin" Liam laughs, Seungmin only rolled his eyes "I guess... Green". This goes on for some time, with the occasional pause, I learned Seungmin is claustrophobic and Liam hates bugs. It was nice having a normal conversation.

We see the town's name on a passing sign Welcome to Towing. What a dumb name I think to myself. As we pass in the car we are welcomed with a road covered in either toppled over cars or cars blatantly blocking the road and some groups of zombies. We get out of the car as we are getting nowhere quick. Eve and I walk closely behind Liam and Seungmin. "Do you know where the pharmacy is?" I question. "Yeah... I think so" Seungmin responds. We slowly creep around the desolate streets avoiding the scarce zombie. This is bazar? Surely this place would be swamped with zombies or having a least a little more than this, it was almost entirely empty. Something didn't feel right.