Chapter Eight: bottle of pills

Morning...

"Ugh" I groan out of tiredness. After the arguing was over we all headed to the ranger's station to stay the night there, surprisingly enough no one was there. All of the girls and Sammy slept in the Ranger's room, Sophia took the bed. I get up and open the door and start walking to the entrance. I look around and see Seungmin and Junsu talking. I walk up and approach them.

"Hey..." I croaked, "Hi..." Seungmin starts "We are going to go to the camp to check if anything survived the fire that we can salvage" I hear steps coming from behind me and see all of the girls walking up to us. "Liam isn't in the right state of mind to go right now, Rina do you mind staying behind and watching over him?" Seungmin asks. "No-No, that's fine," I replied. "Great the rest of us let's go, is Sophia well enough to go?" Seungmin questions, "Yeah I'm fine, let's leave" Sophia adds.

It's been about 30 minutes since everyone left and Liam is still staring at the wall in a trance. I sigh and kneel down to him, "Liam... "I get no reply in return, "Liam, you need to drink something, come on" I look at him and place the water down. He doesn't even look at me, "Liam... look at me" I sigh.

He snaps his eyes looking deeply into my ones. "It hurts, it hurts so much, Rina" He whispers. I sit down in front of him in an attempt to listen. "I-I know," I say softly in an attempt to reassure him, my gaze goes downwards and I'm now playing with my thumbs. "No!" He demands, Liam lifts my chin up with his hand ensuring I look at him. "No, you don't know!" He yells at me.

I jump away from my position on the floor and Liam stands up, "How could you possibly know!?" He yells even louder. Liam takes a step forward to me and I take one back, he continues to take a step forward and I keep backing away until I collide with the wall behind me. By now Liam is a few inches away from me, "He was like a brother to me! And now he's dead!" He screams. I try to put my hands on his chest to create some distance between us and to calm him down. "Liam calm down".

"NO! Whoever did this said it was because of you!" Liam says while putting his hands on either side of me stopping me from escaping. "I want to make you feel as miserable as I do! But at the same time, I don't! Everything about you is so alluring and frustrating!" Liam shouts while pinning my arms up above my head. I look at him in his eyes, I see hurt and pain, I don't see Liam. He looks exhausted. He is looking deeply into my eyes and suddenly his gaze drops to my mouth, "Liam I-" I'm cut off by his lips colliding with mine. My eyes widen at this sudden action.

After 30 seconds or so Liam pulls away dropping my wrists, he pants and keeps looking into my eyes. I am in a state of shock until I'm zapped out of it when Liam tries to leave the station. "Hey-Liam, come back!" I yell, I start to try and follow him but I see Seungmin coming towards me, "Don't worry he'll come back" He says and with that, I walk back inside with the others.

Later...

Liam came back a few hours later and hasn't been talking much, a million questions have flooded my mind but went unanswered. The main one being, why did he kiss me? It was my first kiss, I never really thought about what it would be like but I definitely didn't think it would happen during the apocalypse.

Seungmin and the others barely could salvage anything, a few fishing rods and a couple of bows are all they could salvage.

Night...

Everyone else was asleep but I just couldn't seem to get to sleep. I walk out into the main room and see Liam standing just outside of the station. I know I should give him some space but my feet make their way over to him. He doesn't even look at me when I come outside.

Instead, he just acknowledges my presence by a simple "Hello Rina" He says with a small smile. "Hi..." is all I can offer him. "How are you feeling?" I ask after an awkward pause. He laughs a little, "Better". It goes awkward again for a minute until I break the silence. "Look Liam I-I'm going to cut to the chase, why... why did you kiss me?" I stutter looking at him nervously.