Chapter Seven: The Fire

The next morning

Seungmin and I took the few items of food and headed out of the eerie caravan, I think to myself. I will never see this caravan in my life ever again - thank God!

We make it back to our Honda, Eve and Liam are still nowhere to be seen, we check the pharmacy and still no sign of them. "Di-Did they leave? Would Liam leave?" I question Seungmin. "Liam would leave, only in danger. He would probably have gotten Eve to go back to the camp with him expecting to meet us there..." He answers. "Why did they leave the Honda?" I ask, "Probably, so we could get back. Let's go while we still can, Rina" He suggests. I nod in agreement.

We get into the Honda and drive away. I remember the events of last night and a wave of embarrassment came over me, God I overshared. Seungmin and I will be in the car for a while now, I might as well take this chance to get to know him considering I didn't yesterday.

"So Seungmin, tell me about your family?" "Well, I had two step-siblings. My mum and Dad divorced. My Dad remarried and my step-mum came with two younger kids, a boy named Alec and a girl named Penelope." He answers. "That's cool. What about at school?" I question. "Yeah, school was fun" He replies with a small smile. We keep making conversation casually until I ask "So-So what is going to happen with those cannibals?" I ask. "We keep away from the town, do not under any circumstances go back there, we all have everything we need back at the camp.." I get a shiver down my spine from mentioning those disgusting people.

We get back to the forest and park the Honda back at the ranger's station and make our way downhill to the camp. "I'm nervous, what if they aren't there? What if those crazed cannibals captured them?" I ask Seungmin worriedly. "I don't think they got captured, they'll be fine though. Don't worry" We get back to the main cabin and open the door. We see Olivia on the bed sitting next to her is Sophia, George is sitting on the floor with Sammy. Junsu and Noah are standing up against the wall. "Where's Eve and Liam?!" I yell at them in a panic.

"Chill, chill! They are fishing down at the lake!" Junsu says in a laugh. Sophia and Olivia get up to take me in an embrace, "We were worried about you! What the hell were you doing? Being reckless as usual, Rina?!" Sophia scolds me.

I roll my eyes. "Go and get Liam and Eve, please," I ask Junsu and he nods. I walk over to Sammy and give him a hug also. Eve and Liam have rushed in the door now, I embrace Eve. "Are you okay?" I ask her "Yes I'm fine! I should be asking you! Where did you go off to? we left when the herd came!" Eve asks with concern. "We'll explain but right now we need everyone's attention, there's something major we need to tell you all" I confess to them. "Are you pregnant?" Liam laughs and I give him a glare, "Shut up!" I snap.

"So Seungmin and I went around the prison and we saw a colony of people-" I am cut off my Liam "Really? That's great-" "No, let her finish" Seungmin shakes his head. ".. We saw those people- they, they were murdering other people-" I am cutting off my Olivia's gasps. "That's not all, they were eating them" I saw with horror-struck in my eyes. Everyone is silent. "Are you joking?" Noah asks with an annoyed expression.

"What! How can I be joking, we're in an apocalypse, it's true they were killing people and eating them! They are cannibals!" I yell at Noah frustrated. I suddenly remember why I don't like Noah. "And how the hell do we not know you are just making this up, huh?" He yells stepping closer to me with angered eyes, I suddenly have a flashback of my father and his wicked ways.

Noah holds the same evil in his eyes as my father, and it scares me. I refuse to let it show and be affected by this. "if you don't believe me! Go up there and find out? I can promise you this you won't make it out you dumb" I scream at him. Anger seems to have ignited even more in his eyes and he pushes me to the ground. I hit my back and neck off the floor and pain instantly attacks the affected areas.