one. elliot dawson

chapter one: elliot dawson

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A heavy sigh escaped Elliot's lips as he lays on the unknown bed that belonged to whatever football player decided to throw a party tonight. He runs his fingers through his curly hair as he does his best to untangle them from the fingers of the girl laying beside him. Sneaking a glance at her, she notices his stare and gives him a smile. Elliot huffs clearing recognizing the type of smile she gave him. The type that held endearment and adoration. While it's always refreshing to see something so sweet, it caused an underlying fear within him.

Elliot doesn't waste another second to remove himself from the bed and begin to stick his legs through his jeans. He stumbles over the length of his jeans but he manages to catch himself. The girl, Natalie, frowns as she watches him dress himself. In a quiet voice, she calls out for him, "Are you leaving?"

"Yeah, I got football practice tomorrow," Elliot simply states. Natalie stays silent with only the sound of his zipper zipping echoing the small room. The bass from the music is felt under Elliot's feet as he slips on his shoes.

Natalie inquires, "Tomorrow's Saturday."

Elliot shuts his eyes tightly and throws his head back in annoyance. He never joined sleeping with someone who didn't seem to understand the concept of a 'one-night stand'. He made it evidently clear that whatever happened tonight wouldn't mean anything. Even though he's used to leaving minutes after their high, something that is still difficult is to those who seemingly grow attached.

He turns on his heel to face Natalie, she's already slipping her t-shirt over her head. In the most apologetic tone he could muster he assures, "Natalie I'm sure you're an amazing girl but you deserve someone who actually wants to be with you. I can't be that guy."

"Not even a date?" Natalie questions feeling hurt by his words. She found him instantly attractive and the way he moved around made her curious.

"I don't date," Elliot answers. "That ain't me."

Natalie doesn't say anything but nods and pushes her way out of the room, slamming the door behind her. The sound of the music drowns the slam but it rings in Elliot's ear. Hurt. She's hurt. Maybe he should've gone for the cute boy that was staring him down while he danced on another guy.

Elliot slips his phone in his front pocket only to realize his wallet is missing. Natalie stole his wallet. He groans, "Fuck."

On his way out of the party he spots his two best friends singing along to the Post Malone song blaring from the speakers. Elliot smiles at the two tangled in their arms as they practically scream in each other's ears. Katherine is the first to spot him and stumbles over to him but he manages to catch her in his arms, "Woah there, kitty."