FOUR

everest walked into the hair and makeup trailer with her new goal of ignoring joshua. yeah, she had to film with him, but outside of scenes she didn't have to converse with him at all.

joshua walked into the trailer greeting everyone with smiles and high fives. he made eye contact with everest and chose the seat next to her. "hey, everest." he said, with his smile that made her heart all gooey. one that was all too familiar.

she huffed and rolled her eyes. bringing her attention back to her phone. sure, she was being a little dramatic, but she was an actress.

"i guess all the ladies aren't immune to your charm, bassett." one of the makeup artists joked.

"i don't know what your talking about." josh laughed. "i'm not charming."

"that's josh for you. always humble." everest said sarcastically.

"look i'm sorry ev." josh started, "i didn't mean-"

"stop. i don't want to talk about it right now." she said to josh. "i'm going to go over my lines in my trailer." and she walked out away from josh, and the memories she wanted to forget.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

three years ago

"hey josh what do you think is going to happen in the future?" everest questioned. they were lounging on her bed while watching high school musical while snacking on a shared bowl of popcorn. everest and josh had movies nights every friday at his house.

"well, we're going to graduate. and go to college, where we'll talk everyday and facetime. if we don't go to college close to each other." joshua told her, smiling. "but no matter what, we're going to stay friends."

"yeah, i really hope so josh."

"i know so."

"what happens when you become a big shot movie star?" she joked.

"that's not going to happen ev."

"you never know, you put on quite a stellar performance in our production of shrek: the musical."

"i know, i know. no need to go on and on." he grinned, "i'm just kidding, you can keep going. shower me in compliments."

"god, you have such a big ego." everest complained.

"humble as always." josh said, winking.