7

I ran towards the great hall because it might be where Gabriel and Tony were fighting.

As I ran, I saw bloodied bodies on the floor everywhere. It wasn't a good sight to look at and it made me want to spit my guts out. But Tony came first.

As I neared the place, I heard shouts from inside, confirming my thoughts. I ran faster to make it in time. Tony might still think that I'd get the crest, and I have to tell him about Abigail.

"You keep on ruining the people's rights, Gabriel! Don't you see they're suffering?"

I went through the giant doors spread wide open and saw Tony on the left and Gabriel on the right. Gabriel was being threatened with a knife by Finn and Tony was pointing a gun at him.

I didn't know if I should feel relieved at the fact that it was Gabriel's life on the line, but a weight certainly was lifted from my shoulders.

Gabriel scoffed, his ears fuming with rage, "Don't you think I suffered too?" He paused and tried to remove Finn's hands that locked him in place, "Don't you think my rights were taken away from me? And who did all that? You! You're not even a direct descendant, and yet here you are living a good life while I suffered when my parents died."

"So it's about that, huh?" Tony asked and put down the gun, "I don't know what happened to you since I was so busy trying to make this country prosper. I didn't know what happened to you because I was busy living my life for the people, losing my own life in exchange. I didn't know what you went through, but don't you ever think you were the only--"

"TO HELL WITH YOUR PROBLEMS!" Gabriel screamed and managed to shake off Finn's hands, "I WAS CRITICIZED BECAUSE OF BEING AN ILLÉA. BECAUSE I WAS NOT ON THE THRONE. PEOPLE SOLD ME OUT TO THE MOST TREACHEROUS OF BEINGS, CLAIMING THAT THE ROYAL FAMILY WILL PAY A HUGE LOAD OF MONEY TO GET ME BACK. AND WE BOTH KNOW THAT ISN'T HAPPENING--"

"WHY DID YOU THINK THAT? DESPITE EVERYTHING WE'RE STILL FAMILY," Tony yelled, "look at yourself now. Yes you've gone through so much, but why do this to the country? Why do this to the people--"

"BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ONES WHO DID ALL THOSE BULLSH*T TO ME," Gabriel exclaimed and pushed Tony back down, making him fall to the ground with a large thud, "don't you think I'd do this for a reason? Huh? Or is it that your poor brain can't comprehend everything I say?"

"I pity you," Tony said with sincerity.

"What?" Gabriel asked in anger. "You," he punched his face, "have," another punch, "no fu**ing right to tell me that, a**hole."

I gasped albeit too loudly when Tony sputtered blood. Their heads turned to me, two eyes with surprise and one with malice.

"Dee?" Tony muttered, "what are you doing here? Leave!"

Finn palmed his face as if telling me I was stupid. Which I probably was.

"No!" I answered, "I want to help."

"What can you help with?" Tony asked angrily, "leave and be safe!"

I gritted my teeth and forced myself to calm down, "I said no."

"But--"

"Oh come on," Gabriel said, "let her do as she likes." He got up from Tony and approached me.

"No!" Tony exclaimed.

"Though she might turn out to be a great disadvantage," Gabriel continued and suddenly locked me inside his arms with a gun pointed at my temple.

I gasped in surprise, "T-Tony!"

He quickly got up and prepared to run with a gun pointed at Gabriel.