Chapter 17

Cara gave her team a glance before she walked out of their office room. The door closed behind her as she began to speak, "So, Terry. What should I know about said mission?" Cara followed his pace as they walked down the hall taking a direct path to Chris's office. 

"First..." Terrence started, "This will be a personal request from Redfield, so it's completely off the record. If there were to be a mistake during this mission, there will be a good chance your position as Charlie's leader will end up on the line. We can't have your new recruit cause casualties or make similar mistakes as your last official mission, Miss Amber."

Cara hated it when Terrence called her Miss Amber. Her youthful side never found it nice to be called Miss. Cara gave a huff before nodding, "That isn't exactly fair. He's still new and young," she knew what she sounded like she was doing but she needs her team in a positive and healthy perspective in order to make proper decisions in the line of duty.

"Don't make excuses, Cara," Terrence barked back glaring over to her, "It isn't exactly fair to label a civilians death as collateral damage either. The BSAA saved your ass with that report. Another mistake and they will remove Mr. Faulten from your team and you will be one short. At least, until you recruit another delinquent."

Cara was able to tell Terrence was attempting to get under her skin. She would never show it, though. She would be getting upset over something she can't fix. She can only work on the future of her team. Dwelling on a mistake Todd made was not going to matter. "...It won't happen again," she muttered softly, looking ahead. 

She, of course, felt ashamed to have dealt with such a blow from her own team and she had scolded and lectured her recruit properly, but it almost felt like it was a sign of a bad omen to her team. She cant remove Todd. Had she do so, it would take too much time to do the proper paperwork to get rid of him and find a new recruit to replace him. By that time, they would have another mission to take.

Terrence was silent after her comment. He expected her to act bitter and give somewhat of a cold attitude towards him, try to maybe make him feel bad to say a word like, delinquent. Cara did not do such a thing. She chose to act professionally and stayed silent for the rest of the walk to Redfield's office

Both of them approached Chris's office door. It was a steel-framed blackwood door with the name Redfield labeled on it. Terrence gestured a wave from his hand implying, Ladies first. Cara rolled her eyes before she pressed the green glowing button next to Chris's door. They both heard the beep from inside the room. 

Chris was talking to someone, chatting up a storm. They both then heard the door unlock on its own, to which had Cara opened it. Both Cara and Terrence were very curious to know who Chris was speaking to, to make him sound so positive. The swept door revealed like a curtain, the aging lieutenant having a smile rather bright while he spoke on the phone, "That's not fair!" Chris laughed out, "If she really gave me that look, I would have seen it... Not true! I have seen that look before from plenty of people during those years -- She never gave me it!" Chris's eyes looked to Cara and Terrence and gestured them to sit at the chairs opposite to his. They did as suggested before Chris finished his talk, "Ok... Ok, ok ok. I'll give you the coordinates tomorrow. My team will arrive three days after... Ok... Talk soon," Chris ended the call and the bright smile he held died instantly as he turned to the younger two, "Cara, I'm glad you got here on time. I need you to explain to me your error on your previous mission," his fingers interlocked as he rested them on his desk. 

Cara got stunned to his sudden request. She did not want to face disappointment from hi, and he knew it. She averted her gaze from Chris before she spoke firmly "The outbreak that we were dealing with was a simple containment mission, sir. There's no excu-"