Chapter 29

"I had no choice, John.  I had no choice." Winston's voice spoke across the room. 

"It was you that shot her?" I asked coldly.  My voice was full of despair.  "Why?" I asked.  Winston only looked at me, and beckoned for me to go with him.  We went to a roof of the building.

When we got there.  I kept my distance.  I knew something was up, Winston wasn't himself.  He finally spoke. 

"I have served and been a beacon of order and stability of our industry for over forty years.  I humbly acknowledge that I have overstepped and have repledged my dedication to the high table."

"Winston?" I ask, but it came out more of a statement.

"But now they're wondering.  What are we bound to do about John Wick?  And it seems, my only option is to have him suffer the same consequences I've been avoiding for ages." Winston finished.  He sent some shots, but they hit my suit.  I backed myself towards what I assumed was a wall.  He fired until I tripped, going over the supposed wall, and falling to what I assumed was my death. 

I fell, and slid down a balcony, hitting several awnings, saving my fall.  If they weren't there, I was a dead man, but they were, so I didn't feel as bad as I should have when I hit the ground.