Chapter 4

I stare intently at the chocolate brown wolf standing a few feet in front of me, hoping I will be able to join the pack for a couple of days. Shift...runt. he says through the mind link. I go behind one of the nearest trees, hoping I am not visible. I shift back into my human form. Since I am an Alicorn I don't rip my clothes like normal shifters do. I come out from behind the tree and see the brown wolf has shifted back into a human. He is wearing black sweats and a grey t-shirt. Behind him is a guy with black hair who is wearing shorts and a white t-shirt. And beside him is Luke. Why did he call me a runt? Well, you aren't from this pack so he doesn't want to call you any status higher than a runt. Oh. Well, that makes me feel appreciated. I say sarcastically.

"I've made my decision." He says, "We will take you to the Alpha and see what he says."

"ok," My voice sounds a little hoarse from me not using it for 3 years.

"What are your names?" I ask them. They whisper between themselves for a minute.

"I'm Brandon." says the one that's been talking to me the whole time.

"I'm Luke," says Luke.

"And I'm Cody, I'm the oldest, Brandon, then Luke." says the guy with the black hair.

"Nice to meet you guys." I start. "As you can see I'm not much of a threat right now and I'm also kind of lost."

"you're in the MoonGlow pack," says Luke. We start to talk and get to know each other a little bit more as we walk towards their packhouse. Cody's a Freshman in College, Brandon will be a Senior this year, and Luke will be a Sophomore.

"What grade will you be in," Luke asks me.

"I..I'm not sure," I state.

"Well, how old are you?"

"I'm 16."

"So you'd be a Sophomore."

"I guess"

"Cool, you'll be in the same classes as me," Luke says. Brandon buts in.

"We wouldn't normally go to school because of our secret. But the Alpha makes us go. You see it's a magic school where you learn to control your emotions and your powers and-."

"And that's enough, Brandon," says Cody sternly. We come out of the trees and there in front of us is the packhouse. Mist what do I do if I can't stay here? I have a feeling they will let you stay but you'll probably have to go to school. What if I don't want to go? I don't think you have much of a choice. Oh. The guys seem nice enough but there's something off about them they're not your traditional werewolves, beware of this pack and take caution. All right I will keep a lookout for anything odd. Good.

"ready to go into the packhouse?" asks Cody. I nod my head up and down. We start to walk forward into the house. We then walk down a hallway and stop in front of the doors of a room. Cody walks up and knocks two times on the door.

"come in" a voice floats through the door. When the door opens I see a handsome guy sitting in a faded blue chair behind a desk. Woah. My thoughts exactly, Mist. We all pile into the medium-sized office.

"Who is that, Cody," The alpha asks.

"We found her in the woods by herself. She is a wolf shifter like us, and she has asked for our protection for a couple of days at least before she moves on. Oh, and her name is Riza, Alpha."

"Hi," I say quietly to their Alpha.

"Ok, thanks Cody I will think for a minute." His eyes glaze over and I know he is talking with his wolf.

"Riza I have decided. You may stay here for the next couple of days, but you will be watched by my guards and judged by the pack at first."

"Thank you!... Alpha '' I show my neck to him so he knows that I've submitted to him.

"Your welcome. Now, Cody, Brandon you are dismissed. Luke, you may show Riza here to one of our guest rooms that she can stay in."

Luke and I both walk over to an elevator and go upward. I daydream the rest of the way. They stop at a door.

"Hey. I get a room right next to yours! I say excitedly.

"How did you know that?" Luke asks with a puzzled expression. Quick make up a lie. A good one too.

"Oh, it is yours I guess I just made a good guess then." I laugh nervously.

"Right," he says suspiciously. "I'll just be in my room if you need me." He pauses. "And if you happen to see a cat it's mine you're not allowed to eat it."

"Ok?" A werewolf with a cat for a pet. Weird. Yup. I turn and walk into my room. It's lovely there is light blue all over. On the bed, on the walls, and the carpet. I am going to take a quick nap before lunch. I turn into my wolf and curl up on the soft bed. Then, I fall asleep.

A/N 

Do you like this chapter? What are your thoughts on it? Please comment so I can edit and make it better.  Words: 904.