Chapter 5

I wake up and see that it is now lunch time or rather smell that it is lunch time. I smell meat, chicken I think, but most definitely meat. The smell makes my mouth water. I get up out of the bed and walk over to the door I reach up to open it when I realize I have a paw instead of a hand. I wondered how long it would take you to realize you were still in wolf form. Mist chuckles in my head. Shut up, Mist. You have to admit it was pretty funny. Fine, it was now let's go get some food. I shift back into my human form and open the door. 

  After stepping out of the elevator I see the room that the breakfast was in. Only now its filled with lunch. I look over at the dishes set out, then over to a long table. That table wasn't here for breakfast was it, Mist?  Yeah it was here this morning. I jog my memory. I see us sitting at a booth in the opposite corner of the room. Then I scan the room for werewolves and see only 5 and the table is behind the one werewolf. I was so focused on the werewolf coming towards us I didn't see this massive table!? Wow I'm dumb sometimes. Yes you are. Mist confirms. 

"Hey there, are you new to the pack?" someone says behind me. I jumped like a six feet into the air. Then I whipped around only to see a female werewolf.

"Um. Yes I'm new here." I say.

"My name is Leah!" She says.

"Nice to meet you Leah."

"I was sent to watch over you for a couple of days, that way the pack can trust you more." Leah leans in close. " And to make sure your not a..." She says the next word slowly. "Murderer"

"Why would I be a murderer?" I ask her. She shrugs at me.

"I don't know. You don't really look that tough," 

"I'm kind of hungry right now" I say as my stomach growls loudly. And so I can get that comment off of my mind. You sure we can't just knock her out and ditch her, maybe throw her in the nearest closet? Yes Mist as sad as it is I'm sure we can't do that. Then people would think I am a "murderer." Unless...What. Well I could let you have control and you could do it but that's a bad idea. If you see anyone making me ridiculously mad i'll let you out how 'bout that. Ok!

"What are we having for lunch?"

"We are having chicken, salad, potatoes, carrots, apple slices, manderin oranges, and.." She drums her fingers. " Brownies or vanilla cake for dessert."

"That sounds delicious!" I state. I'm starving here. Very hungry Alicorn! Let's eat now please. Ok, chill I'll ask her to come with me to get some food then we'll go. I turn towards Lea.

"Do you want to come with me and get some lunch?" I ask. "My Al-...wolf is very hungry."

"what?"

"nothing it's a secret for another time now let's eat." 

"ok, secrets here are bad you know."

"yes Leah, but secrets are bad everywhere."

"fair point" We then begin making our way down the table of food. I go through the line and pile on my plate one piece of chicken, some salad, a potato, and a big helping of oranges. Then I walk over to the dessert table and see brownies and cake. I turn to Leah who is behind me.

"What should I get?"

"I recommend the brownies they have chocolate chunk chips in them."

"Thanks" I say as I help my self to two brownies. I notice a tub of ice cream next to the brownies. Don't mind if I do. You already have enough food, leave the ice cream. What can I say, Mist. I'm still growing. I say to her as I take a scoop of ice cream. I look down at my heaping plate.

"Yum!" I then walk over to where we were sitting and I sit down across from Leah.I start to eat my food.

"So how did you end up in our pack anyway?" Leah asks. Just as I'm about to answer Luke walks over to our table. 

"What did you do with my cat I can't find her anywhere." Luke says.

"Was your cat a calico?" I say coming up with a good lie fast.

"Yes!"

"I..um saw her walking away from the front of the house into the woods."

" Thanks" he says right before running off in the direction of the woods.

"So where were we?" I ask Leah.

"I just asked how you ended up in our pack."

"Oh, well I was a loner." I say as I pick at the remains of my potato. "I wasn't in the greatest condition so when some of the boys here found me I asked if I could stay here for a while before moving on." I stare at the only thing left to eat and that is the brownies and ice cream. This looks so good.

"your leaving us?"

"eventually yes."

"awww"

"I kind of want to enjoy my ice cream and brownies now."

"I've never seen a girl eat that much. I mean some of the boys will but none of the girls."

"really" I say as I take my first bite of brownie. "mmmm, this is amazing" we talk for a little while longer.

"what school will I be going to attend as long as I stay here?"

"Jadestone High, why do you ask?" Suddenly I feel a memory being pushed from the back of my head.

~flashback two years ago, summer~

I was trotting around as usual when I hear horses coming near us. Its just the foals running around again. A  couple of men burst through the tree line.

"get the white mare!" A guy shouts. He is obviously human. I turn and look at around the herd fly seeing black and brown and Appaloosa's until I see a lone mare in the back. I turn to run at her. What are you doing stay hidden. I knew that there was something about this mare that was different from a regular horse. Mist be quiet there is something special about her and I'm gonna find out what it is. Right before my eyes the mare turned into a hawk and flew upward. I quickly made sure no one was looking at me before I turned into my owl. I flew as fast as I could over to her but, she was flying away from me and fast. 

"Wait what's your name and were can I find you fellow shifter!" I said to her.

"My names April Katts and you may find me a Jadestone High. I'm 14 years old. Then she flew up and into the clouds and I lost her. I flew down and turned back into my horse.

~end of the flashback~

A/N

Were you surprised by how it ended?  words: 1187