Chapter 28: Safe

I stood still not really knowing what to do... I knew something seemed a little bit off kilter the moment I saw the fort... My mind was going into so many dark places. Just wondering what would possibly happen next to us.
I had heard stories about cannibals living out here. I didn't want to be eaten by another person, or people... There were so many around us coming from all different types of angles. I was afraid... I didn't want to die, even though I had thought I would be fine with it so many times.
We had just found Tony, now Angela would be losing the both of us. But I guess she probably would never find out about it in the first place. My mind went back to the presence as I noticed someone in front of me was talking to me.
"Buddy... Put your gun down, I don't want to have to shoot you... But I will if I must." He said to me. I noticed that I had put my gun out, like I was going to somehow stop every single one of these 10 or however many people were around us at the moment.
"Okay... You're not going to eat us are you?" I asked him. The guy looked at me a little bit confused but he just looked at Tony and Christian after I put my gun down to the floor. Christian looked very upset, he just shook his head over and over and looked at me.
"I'm sorry kid... I should have thought about this a little bit closer... Just wish you could have seen your brother and sister one last time." Christian said to me. It made me feel even worse, he often was pretty good at doing that.
"Calm down you 2... We aren't going to kill you, we just have some questions... And your buddy over here has that scar..." She said to Christian. Tony lowered his head a bit sadly and he looked like he felt bad about something.
"We will not give you any information about anything if that is what you are looking for." Christian said to the both the lady. She shook her head and then rolled her eyes like Christian was retarded. I agreed with Christian though, saving the lives of thousands for our lives was far more important.
"We just want too know where you came from, why you don't have the scars like him... You seem like a smart enough guy, we could have killed you already if we wanted, we've been following you nearly all day." She said to Christian. Christians eyes lowered as he looked at her a bit strangely.
"I got the scar from the group that attacked you, I was apart of their community, till the group that attacked you attacked me and pulled me in... I was with them when they attacked, I didn't kill anyone... Im sorry..." Tony said to her. She still looked like she was not 100% willing to believe us, which to be fair, she probably should not, especially if she knew what his community was capable of.
"Alright we will let you into the front gates but you will have to sit in the jail cell for the night into we have questioned you in the morning... Then we will see what we will do with you after that." She said to us. My throat gulped a little bit, I still was not willing to trust them, and I could tell that neither was Christian.
"What will you do to us after that?" I asked the lady. She smiled at me and then leaned closer right into my ear...
"We will kill the first 2 with you and then I will have you to myself..." She said to me. My eyes flickered and I was suddenly very scared. In my head I knew that she was just trying to scare me as she laughed at me. But I was just so afraid of this world anyways that I wasn't too sure if she was joking.
We followed her through the gates of their little wooden fortress. There were a few people that looked at us and then they quickly went inside their little tents and cabins. A few of the cabins I slightly remembered. But a few others they had definitely made themselves.
We continued walking and Christian pulled out his pistol just as I was looking at him. He then yelled to the lady that was in front of us. Looking out everyone that was around us.
"Everyone drop your weapons or I shoot down your leader!" He yelled to everyone that was nearby. None of them listened as they all turned around and aimed their guns right at him and me and Tony.
I felt like that was a mistake that might very will get us killed. But at least we would go out it style... I still could not tell if this group that we were in was good or bad. It definitely was not a community, everything they had here was too small for that to even be considered possible.
"Im not the leader of this group... But you might want to through your gun down or my men will shoot you down within the next 30 seconds! Im counting down now!" The lady said back to Christian. She then began counting down and it took Christian till about 25 to finally respond to her.
"Just let us leave and I will pretend like we never saw any of you." Christian said to the lady... He sounded a bit afraid which was something that I had never heard from Christian in the entire time I had met him. He had always been seen as that badass that wasn't afraid of anything in this community.
"I'm sorry... But that is not a risk we can take... Im counting to 5 now... And if you do not throw down your gun my men will shoot you..." The lady said back to him. Christian I could tell was thinking about it for a second. Maybe he was thinking to just shoot her or maybe he thought there was a way out.
As soon as she got to 1 he threw down his gun and the lady lowered her hands for the people that were with her to do the same. She then nodded for the people and they began walking towards us.
"Because of your stupid decision... We are now going to search through all of you and you will drop your bags... We gave you a fair chance to be friendly and you lost that..." She said to Christian. Christian had his head lowered a little bit.
I felt the people searching through me and they took my bag from off the top of me. I saw one lady look right at Tony as she searched through him, she grabbed right where his pocket was at and smiled at him and then said something to all of them.
"I've found a gun in this ones pocket, check all of their pockets..." She said to all of the people around us. They then began searching through our pockets. Tony snorted at the lady.
"That would not be a gun, that would be my penis..." Tony said to her. I began laughing and so did Christian. The people searching us began laughing as well, and the lady that had been searching through Tony lowered her head and then walked a bit further away.
Well I guess I can find out why Angela liked Tony now... I shook my head and just stood still letting the people search through my body. Once they had found nothing they then moved a bit further back and looked at the lady who was the "leader" but also apparently not the leader at the same time.
"Alright lets head over to the prisons and question them in the morning... It is getting pretty late and they look tired as hell." The lady said to all of them. A couple of them nodded and then we continued walking to wherever she was taking us, to the prison or whatever.
I had heard about the one at our community, there was a few people who had stolen some things that were locked up in there for a while until they would "learn" not to do something like that again.
It felt a bit strange thinking that I would be spending the night in one of those. My mother and father had told me about prisons before it had all gone down. They told me not to do anything like kill, steal, or rape anyone and I would never be in one of those.
It felt a bit weird that they had to tell me that, I would never really think of doing any of those things. I shook my head and continued walking towards where to lady was taking us to.
Once we were there I closed my nostrils because of how disgusting that it smelt in there. One of the guys laughed at me and then said something to me.
"Calm down buddy... You will get used to it really fast." He told me. I didn't want to be in here, everything had gone from bad to worse. I wish that I was back at the community working a farmers job or maybe just working on one of the watch towers.
Everything that had happened to me had all just been bad so far. I suppose I really did not know what I was getting into. I could be back home taking care of Liam and just staying back there safely. Instead I was about to be locked up in a jail cell worried about what could happen to Liam...
Once we were in the lady looked at us and then nodded for us to head into one of the cells.
"It will just be for the night... There are some beds and some blankets, we have a little bit of food and water for you as well, sleep well we will talk you tomorrow night. I will notify my leader, hopefully he is not too busy." She said to us.
We all walked into the room and sat down on the beds. One of the ladies that had touched Tony locked the door and smiled at him as she did. Tony didn't seem to notice, we all sat down to get some rest.
I wondered what could happen to us in the morning, I didn't even want to think about it... Besides, I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. Just as I was about to head to sleep I heard Christian say something to us.
"Don't worry guys... Ill keep us safe."