Chapter twenty

Woof woof!

I groaned loudly when I heard the cursed dog barking right outside my bedroom door. My parents stayed the night in the house so did Fiona and Maria.

I was mad at my parents, but now I'm mad at Fiona too.

It's all because of the wretched dog. How did she even have the audacity to name it after me?!

When she declared the dog's name as Maria, I simply shut the door on her face and stayed in my room and did not engage in any conversation with anybody for the rest of the day. I decided to let pass for another day because—let me tell you the truth—my parents were watching my every movement like a hawk. It was very irritating and disturbing.

I got ready for work and was about to leave my house. My mother called for me.

"What?"

"Where are you going?" She asked, eyeing my attire.

"Work." I deadpanned.

"You're not going anywhere today. Stay at home. Fiona will take care of your things."

My face scowled more than it already was. "Excuse me?"

"Your father wants to have a conversation with you. It's about your," I raised my eyebrow, "future plans."

Future plans? The plan I have at this moment is to run if she says one more word.

"I'm busy. Tell him to get an appointment from Fiona." I grumbled as I checked my watch.

She smirked. "He already did that." I shot her a look. "Your ten o'clock meeting today is your father. Now get in."

I rolled my eyes and sighed in defeat. I guess I have to suffer a bit more.

I walked into my study room and saw my father sitting in my chair with Fiona standing beside him, holding the bitch. There were two more people sitting in front of the desk, their backs were facing me. I could make out their features, the one on the right was a woman and the other one was a man.

The woman looked familiar from back.

Oh bugger. It's my therapist.

"Father, you made an appointment." He never takes any appointments with me unless it is regarding his hospitals.

"Maria, pumpkin have a seat. We have something important to discuss." He pointed to the extra chair placed in front of my desk, beside the man. I silently took the seat beside him and stared out of the window.

A silent atmosphere envelopes us.

"So Miss Thompson, how was the wedding?" My therapist asks me.

"I'm not answering anything unless I know why I am here." I mumbled.

I heard her sigh. "Okay. We are her to discuss your future. Your relations to be exact."

"My relations are none of your business!" I snapped and shot a deadly glare at her.

"Maria! Watch that tone of yours." My father scolds. "Has she always been like that?" He asked my therapist.

She laughs. "Oh dear no, Mr Thompson. In fact we have established a very friendly relationship with each other, right Maria?"

I don't answer.

"See. She is responding very well."

"Good." My father said, scratching his head in slight confusion. "Maria, you know what we want is best for you."