Chapter fifty seven

I screamed.

Evan screamed.

I screamed again.

Evan screamed again.

I gave out one last scream and slumped down on the bed.

"Mademoiselle Thompson, you are still eight centimetres dilated. Your contractions are getting stronger and soon you'll be ready for delivery, but for now try to get some more rest between the contractions. It is necessary for you and as for Monsieur Williams," The doctor paused when she saw Evan whimpering and rubbing his bruised wrist, "I'll get you a soothing cream."

The doctor left us alone and Fiona entered with the biggest smile on her face.

"I have a date!"

I showed her my thumb and panted.

She frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Someone inside me is a very stubborn person!" I snapped.

She faked a gasp and rolled her eyes. "I wonder where that comes from."

"I want him out. I want to get this over with and I want to have a nice proper six hour sleep, but whenever I close my eyes, he starts moving and giving me painful contractions. Why don't you get the fuck out of me and let me sleep?!"

Both of them gave me a blank look.

"So the guy's a cardiologist. Obviously French, too sexy, single and way too yummy." Fiona sighs dreamily as she ignores my previous remark.

"Good for you!" Evan chirps.

"Thank you! Do you happen to know any more French hot guys in case this one doesn't work out?" Fiona asks me.

"I...um..." I bite my lower lip nervously and avert my eyes from her. "I do happen to know some." I mumbled.

Evan's head shot in my direction. "You do?"

"Aw, what's the matter, Evan? Jealousy running in your veins?" Fiona cooed and gave me a side wink. I rolled my eyes.

He scoffed. "Jealous? Me? Pfft! No."

"Okay." Fiona deadpanned and turned to me. "I want their names, numbers and occupation. In case of emergencies."

I sighed deeply. "Evan, give her your bakery shop's card."

He gasped loudly and pointed an accusing finger at me. "You think that people working in my shop are hot?!"

"No." I mumbled and looked away. "Not all of them. Some are women."

Silence. An absolute dead silence.

"Evan, are you okay?" Fiona asks in concern.

"You have got to be kidding me!" He snapped. "Seriously?! You think Franc, Hayden and Louis are hot?"

"I'm not going to lie. They are good looking and perfect for Fiona. It was just a general question. No need to worry about it." Carefully, I shifted myself towards his side and pulled his collar, bringing his ear near my lips then I whispered the unspeakable things as an effort to remove all the jealousy he had growing. His eyes widened in shock and I saw a small tint of redness near his ears.

"Damn. Didn't know that dirty talking was your thing." He murmured huskily against my lips. "No worries about your previous statement though as long as you keep up with those naughty things you just said."

Even after eight hours of screaming and crying in pain, Evan managed to get a huge blush on my cheeks.

"After the baby goes to sleep?"