Being Asked to HOCO2k14 (Cole)

It was Friday and me, Marshmallow, Tray and Azendra were chopping it up in 4th. "Cause you're a good girl and you know it." "You act so different around me." "Cause you're a good girl and you know it." "I know exactly who you could be. So just hold on we're going home." We all randomly started singing 'Hold on, We're going Home.' "Y'all got everything ready for tomorrow?" Kyrie asks. "Yea. Aye, is Kel coming?" Tray asks Zeny. "Yasss! We did his visitors pass last week. Me and bae finna be in that bihh hardcore." She says and we all start. "I wish me and my bae could be in there deep." I say, looking Kyrie dead in the eyes. "And we will. Next year at prom." She says and I groan. She gets up and pulls me out the classroom. "Spill." "What you mean?" "I mean tell me why you got an attitude about me not going tomorrow." She says and I sigh and slump against the wall. "I just been thinking that maybe you don't wanna do things with me anymore." "Mm. You still doubt yourself. Anyway, I don't have a dress for homecoming. Or else I would come. And what did I tell you about that doubting? You know I can't stand to see you do it." "I know. But Tresanto had made valid points." I say as we mosey back to class. "Them niggahs are aggressive and aggressive. Therefore, they look at it differently. As long as you know how we operate, you'll be straight, kidd." She says and kisses my cheek. We walk back in class and Kyrie and Zeny start taking out her braids. "Noooo! I liked them." I say and she laughs. "They'll be back in next Friday." She replied and I smiled.

*9:00 pm*

I was chilling in my room when my phone rang. "Hello?" "Come on. We outside." Santos says and I get up and grab my shoes. We're doing an early anniversary surprise for Mr. and Mrs. Williams since they're going outta town. I run out the house and get in the passenger's seat of Santos's car. My brother and Zeny were in the back being black. "So what do I need to do?" I ask. "You'll find out when we get there." Zeny replies and I nod. 35 minutes later, we're pulling up at the Boys and Girls Club. As soon as I step out, hands cover my eyes. "No peeking." I hear and I led down the hill until the ground flattens out again. Zeny turns me around so that I'm looking at her just as my phone rings. "Hello?" "Hey, Novio." "Hey, sweet thing." I reply, smiling hard as hell. "I was calling to apologize to you." "For what?" "Not wanting to go to Homecoming with you. I thought about it and realized I was being hella selfish." "It's fine. I wasn't any better." "Nah. You had every right. But I have a question to ask." "Shoot." "Turn around." Kyrie says and hangs up. I slowly turn my head and on the opposite hill, there's a bunch of candles that spell out 'HOCO 2014?' I stood there just looking. "So what do you say, Novio? Wanna go to homecoming with a chick like me?" Kyrie says and I bol while pulling her into a hug. "Yea, baby girl." I say and everyone comes out the cut, clapping. "Y'all knew?" I ask. "We the ones who helped her arrange all them candles. You are so lucky she's in love with you." Mom says and I laugh, hugging her. This shit just made my day.