Part 14

Y/n's POV
I could see Jungkook pass subtle glances at me as they performed their dance routine. Purposely, my eyes tried their best to avoid his. I also wanted to annoy him and ignore him for treating my feelings the way he did with that kiss.

Remembering how he was clearly frustrated when I helped Tae find his mic instead of talking to him, I decided to direct my attention mostly on Tae as they danced. He also smiled at me constantly, so I did the same to make Jungkook jealous, which clearly worked. His face filled with anger as he noticed how much attention I paid to Tae instead of him.

But I didn't realise how much it had actually affected him until I watched him misplace a step, which sent him crashing to the hard floor with an extremely loud thud, which was heard over the track that played. Before I could control myself, I raced towards him, taking his head in my arms, placing it on my lap.

"J-Jungkook?" I tried not to be too loud as I shook him gently but he wasn't waking up.
"D-Don't worry everyone. We'll take him to the school nurse. He'll be fine. He's been hurt worse than this before." Namjoon reassured us all and the boys quickly carried him to the nurse.

Time skip
It's been half an hour since we took him to see the nurse. As far as I know, he was still unconscious. I sat outside the room, completely silent as guilt filled my body. Jimin came out of the room and sat next to me. He gently hugged me.

"This isn't your fault." He murmured. I looked at him in surprise that he knew what I was thinking right now.
"I get it. Jungkook hurt your feelings so you wanted to get back at him by making him jealous with Tae. It's alright." He rubbed my back. I shook my head.

"No it's not. I was being pretty and selfish. Tae was trying to be nice and entertain me since I was only looking at him. I didn't expect Jungkook to get that distracted." I wondered. Why was he so distracted that he got the dance move wrong?

He doesn't care about my feelings. I don't care about the extra credit I would get from tutoring him anymore but he only wants me to forgive him so I keep his stupid secret about him being smart and continue our lessons. But it seemed he was really desperate to get my attention and looked furious with how Tae and I acted with each other.

"Of course he got distracted. He likes you." Jimin blurted out, his eyes widening after he realised what he'd just told me.
"Wh-what? What do you mean he likes me?" I was completely confused. Jimin sighed and turned his body more to me.

"Just before we came to the practice room, he told me and Namjoon about how he feels about you and... they basically pointed to him liking you." He smiled. I stayed silent for a while, my guilt increased as I thought of how he looked when he saw me and Tae together after admitting he actually had feelings for me.

I thought he was just worried about me refusing to help cover his smart side but really, he was actually jealous at me and Tae. I sighed and hung my head low but it lifted back up as Yoongi came out of the room.
"He's awake now. The nurse has called his parents to come take him home so he feels better." I smiles and went in to see him.

The boys were crowding round the bed he was laying on, telling him jokes and trying to lighten his mood, Jin took the lead. Jungkook's brown eyes met with mine and his face turned cold again. I swallowed and whispered to Jimin.
"I don't think he wants to see me. I'll let him be happy with you guys." I turned to leave but Jimin pulled me to the others.