Chapter 52 - Heart's Content

-Maika's POV-

I texted Minato to inform him that I wasn't feeling well and he doesn't have to come today. We had a home date planned today and we were planning on cooking together.

Feeling sleepy, I went back to sleep for a little while.

• • •

*sound of doorbell*

I was in the living room, watching the TV while being surrounded by my blanket and pillows. I had to keep myself warm and cosy.

"Hm?"

I looked into the hole.

It was Minato. I opened the door immediately.

"Minato, I told you-"

He cut off my sentence when his free hand reached out for my forehead. My heart pounded, his action totally surprised me. I noticed that he was also holding a bag full of food and drinks.

"You really thought I would leave you alone?" He smirked.

"Let me take care of you." He got in and placed the bag on the kitchen's counter top.

"Go home, Minato. I don't want you to fall ill too."

"I'll be fine. We'll be fine, okay?"

"I know you'll do the same for me, so don't chase me away." He smiled.

"Minato..." I sighed.

Watching him prepare food for me in my kitchen makes me want to go up to him, and just hug him tightly.

He's so sweet and lovable.

He usually doesn't even cook for himself but he would always cook for me. He really puts in a lot of efforts when it comes to me.

I love him so much...

• • •

"Maika." I felt his finger poking my cheek gently.

"Time to eat."

I batted my eyes slowly. The first thing I saw was Minato, and he was carrying a bowl of piping hot porridge.

Slowly adjusting myself to get up, I leaned against couch with the blanket on my lap, I looked at Minato and he was blowing the spoonful of porridge gently.

"M-Minato, I can do it myself..." I held his wrist weakly.

"No, I'll feed you." He insisted.

I pouted.

"Alright then..." I opened my mouth when he placed the tip of the spoon on my lips.

"Good girl." He grinned mischievously.

"D-Don't call me that!" I shot him a glare.

"Hahaha, I knew that would be your reaction."

"How's it?"

"It's good..." I bend forward for another spoonful.

"I'm glad. I followed the recipe as accurately as I could." He smiled.

"Thank you, Minato." My eyes softened.

"Don't worry about it." He ruffled my hair cheekily.