6. "THE" MEETING - 1

" How was the journey dad?" Anshuman asked when he went to meet him at the hotel gate on his arrival at 1.00 pm.

"It was good " he replied checking out the hotel" in which room are we staying?"

"I and Rahul are staying in room no. 301 ,have booked the adjoining room for you...wait here I will get the keys and ask them to send the luggage to the room"

After they had lunch in the hotel's restaurant Anshuman's father said " Be ready by 5.00pm I have told them that we will reach about 5.30."he continued turning towards Rahul" will you be coming with us?"

"No uncle, I have a meeting with Shina..that's our event manager..."

"OK then Anshuman dress well and see you sharp at 5"

"Yes Dad"

In the room....

" You still haven't told him about your encounter , have you?" Rahul asked .

"It does not matter , will tell him after we meet them otherwise he will start asking all types of stupid questions ....how was she? Did you like her and blah blah blah..."

"Point...so how was she? Did you like her?" He asked smirking.

"Stop it man....and why are you not coming with us I know you don't have any meeting"

"Its a family matter and I think you should go alone there is no need for me to accompany.And I am already engaged...what if her parents like me more than you, I don't want to break their heart"he added mockingly.

"Ha ha ha...I am so relieved that there is no competition"

" OK stop laughing and start getting ready its already 4.15" Rahul advised

Anshuman glanced at his watch and got up reluctantly to do as said.

-----------

Keisha came sharp at 8 am at Samyra's place.

"Hi aunty...good morning. Where is my best friend?"

"She is supervising the servants cleaning the store room. Told her to relax but she doesn't listen"

" God help this girl. I have taken an appointment for both of us at First Lady parlour for beauty treatment. We have to get there by 10. I am gonna go drag her out of that storeroom "

"Great work dear..they are going to come about 5.30 so get home before that .OK?"

" Don't worry aunty we will be home probably around 2.00 pm"

Keisha had to force samyra to leave the work for the servants and go with her .

In the parlour

They were both getting their nails done when Samyra cocked her head and looking towards Keisha said"what is the need for all this? I had been here just a week ago. All this waste of time for some stupid guy."

"I know you have your monthly appointments fixed but this is for a special purpose. A handsome GUY is gonna come to see you. And if you look as simple and sober as you always do you will not stand a chance against your competition." Keisha said.

"Competition?"

"Ya..such a handsome guy would have met lots of beautiful ladies "

"You have never seen him so how do you know that he is handsome or not?"

Before Keisha could say something her attendant told her to go to the steam room and samyra closed her eyes and tried to relax.

At 5.00

"Mom I am not going to a wedding " samyra said gritting her teeth. She was having an argument with her mom because she wanted her to wear heavy gold jewelry and Samyra didn't wanted to.

" Mom I am not going to wear all that. The guy will meet me as I am I am not gonna pretend to be somebody else. If he doesn't like the way I am its his choice . That's it. " she said clenching her fists.

"OK fine do as you please." Her mom said giving up.

"They are here" her father said entering the room. Sashi lets go and receive them at the door. Her mother nodded and after looking at their daughter for a moment left the room with him.

Samyra was sitting in her room listening the conversation going on in the living room. "This voice .." Keisha interrupted her thought by entering the room and saying "They are calling for you"

Samyra took a deep breath and adjusting her saree left the room behind Keisha.

"Here she comes" her mother exclaimed on seeing samyra.

" Mr Patel this is my daughter Samyra" her father said and Samyra greeted him with folded hands "Namaste Uncle"she said.

"God bless you beta."he replied smiling "This is my son Anshuman"

"Hello " he said. When she looked up to greet him she froze for a moment "This cant be happening" she thought "Hello " she replied still not believing her fate.

" Beta please sit " his father said. There was only one chair empty. That was the sofa chair besides the one on which HE was sitting . She nodded and sat beside him .

After talking with his father for a while about her education and future plans and all that she excused herself to bring tea for everyone. Keisha followed her to the kitchen .

"Whats wrong? Why did your expression changed on seeing him?" She asked in a whisper.

"He is the guy I was talking about this morning" samyra whispered pouring the tea in the kettle.

"What? He is the best friend of the groom? The one who was giving you weird glances?"

"Yesssss.. I don't believe this. He would be thinking I was pretending to not recognize him. He doesn't know that I never saw his pic. Why is this happening to me?"

"OMG...This is so much fun. Feels like we are in a movie." Keisha said enjoying every moment of it .

"Ya right. Now help me with this " samyra said handing her the snacks tray and lead the way out carrying the tea tray .

She served tea to everyone. Their eyes met for a moment but she immediately looked the other way.

On the other side Anshuman would not miss a single chance of glancing towards her. He actually liked her in the saree but wasn't ready to accept it himself.

" Why don't you children leave us alone so that we oldies could talk freely" his father said.

" Yes absolutely. Samyra why don't you show him the garden. I will send Ramu (servant) there with the tea"her father said.

" Yes daddy" she said

She glanced towards him and they both stood up.

******

A/N

Thank you all very much for reading, votes and comments.

Please do share your views and suggestions....