14. YES?? - 1

Samyra was exhausted when she returned to her room. After taking a quick shower and changing into her PJs, she grabbed the novel from her bag and sat on the bed wrapping herself in the blanket.

       She chatted with Armaan for some time and went to sleep while reading.

        Next morning she woke up with her phone ringing. When she glanced at the clock it was 7.40 am. She sat up suddenly and answered the phone.

       "Namaste. Good morning mom" she said suppressing a yawn.

       "Good morning beta. You just woke up?" her mom asked but her voice sounded like she was smiling.

      "Yes I did. You seem very happy today."

       "Oh baby... I cant express how happy and proud I am. Anshuman's dad called right now he said yes"

       "What?" Samyra suddenly lost all her sleep and was completely awake.

         "Anshuman said yes, beta. I knew he would say yes. Only a fool will say no to my daughter"

        "Mom what did you say?"

        "We said yes too.Well technically your dad said as he was the one talking."

         "But mom..."

         "You said you liked the guy right? I suppose you dont have any problem."

         "Umm...no I dont"

         "Ok beta take care. I have to get ready, we are going to temple to thank God that everything turned out well."

         "Ok mom bye"

         "And yes behave well. Rahul is Anshuman's best friend. See that his family gets no chance to complain.Ok?"

        "Mom I am getting late. Talk to you later. Remind dad that he has appointment with the dentist today. Bye"

        With that she ended the call. She was still surprised that he said yes and that too all of a sudden.

       Thinking about it she completed her daily routine and after having breakfast she called the driver to get the car and grabbing her laptop left the hotel.

---------

       Samyra reached 'Khurana nivas' i.e Rahul's house at about 10 am. The house was big and beautiful with a huge garden and round drive way with fountain in middle. She knocked on the door and it was answered by a middle aged lady. Samyra introduced herself and the lady told her to sit in a waiting lounge.

      After about 10 min a lady about the age of 65 came there.

      " I am Deepanita Khurana, Rahul's mother"

      "Namaste mam. I am Samyra shah from 'shinzz'. I will be the  coordinator from your side." Samyra said smiling .

       "Thats great beta. Sorry you had to wait here. My help didnt knew you will be coming. Please come in"

      "Its OK mam"

       Mrs. Khurana led the way to the living room. The interior of the house was as beautiful as the exterior. But unlike the house of many rich people there was no show off. It felt very warm and welcoming.

      They had just seated themselves on the sofa when Rahul came hurrying down the stairs.

     " Mom I am late is the breakfast..."