12. ROAD TRIP

Samyra woke up at 4.00 am and prepared breakfast, tea and coffee for everyone and also got ready. She was ready before time and was reading a book when Anshuman called saying they had left the hotel and will reach in 5 minutes.

Samyra went in her parents room to say goodbye and after taking their blessings by touching their feet went to collect her bags. She was just closing the gate when both the cars arrived.

She greeted Anshuman's dad with namaste and said goodmorning to the boys. All three greeted back. Both cars were SUV one black and other black and silver. The black and silver one was driven by the driver who took her bags from her and Rahul was driving the other one.

Anshuman's dad was seated in the passenger seat and so Samyra took her seat besides Anshuman.

After few minutes Samyra said she had brought tea, coffee and breakfast for everyone.

Anshuman's dad was the first person to reply on hearing that,"Oh thank you so much. I wanted to have tea since I woke up but the hotel's pantry wont start till 7.00 am. And these guys were in so much hurry to leave. Bless you girl. I will have some tea. Whats for breakfast?"

"Thank yoy uncle"Samyra said smiling and handed him tea in a Styrofoam glass "For breakfast I made aloo poha and bread butter cheese"

"Great I will have both" he said

Anshuman suddenly said in a stern voice " Dad doctor said no eating butter and cheese..so you are eating only aloo poha, ok?"

"But..." Anshuman's dad started to protest but Anshuman cut him in the middle.

"No but dad" he grabbed the bread butter from the plate Samyra filled for hid dad.

"What about you?" Samyra asked looking towards Anshuman.

"Oh he will have coffee.Last time we had coffee together he loved it, didn't he samyra?" Rahul said chukling.

Samyra remebered his expression on drinking black coffee and joined in the laughter.

" There is nothing funny in that" Anshuman said punching Rahul in arm."I will have tea"

"And me some coffee" Rahul said.

"What about the driver?"Samyra asked.

"Tell him to pullover. We can give him tea and I m going in that car you young people have fun" Anshuman's dad said.

Rahul called the driver and he pulled over. After samyra gave him tea and snacks as Anshuman's dad was climbing down Rahul said " I will join you uncle. Your son was watching movie till late and so I couldnt sleep well so I am also gonna catch some sleep"

The couple was left alone in the car and Anshuman took the driver's seat and Samyra sat beside him and the journey began.

"Aloo poha were delicious" Anshuman said.

"Thank you" Samyra replied smiling.

For almost two and a half hour they talked about various things like their jobs, favourite songs and stuff.

They were listening to songs on radio the whole time.

Then Rahul called saying they are stopping at valsad for sometime.

Their car turned at a nice restaurant and Anshuman followed.

After freshning up all of them ate at the restaurant. Anshuman and Rahul litteraly ate a lot. Whereas Samyra and Anshuman's dad just had tea.

When they returned to their cars Samyra said " May I drive?"

Anshuman who was about to open the door looked confusingly at her.

" Why? And you dont know the route to Rahul's place"

"You look really tired and you just ate a lot. You are definately gonna be sleepy. And you can drive once we reach the suburbs."

"You got a point" he said and came over to the passenger side and gave the keys to Samyra.

After few minutes of silence except the song playing on the radio Anshuman finally said breaking the silence "Umm..so you had or have any boyfriend?"

"No" Samyra said immediately."What about you?" She asked with a smile rasing her eyebrows.

"Yes I had a girlfriend" he said and thought she will definately ask more about it but was taken back when she just nodded her head and continued looking towards the road.

"So you have never been in a relationship?"

"No. But why do you sound as it is hard to believe."

"Because it is. Someone proposed atleast?"

Samyra said chuckling "No. There is one guy though"

"Un..hmmm"

"His name is Abhimanyu. He is Keisha's cousin. They lived in a joint family. As in Keisha's grandfather and his sons. Keisha's father is the younger son. Abhi is the son of the elder brother. And me and keisha were best friends so we visited each other a lot. And soon Abhi also became a part of our group. We three are so close that his parents thought we both were dating as he was never seen with other girls except us two"

"So were you guys dating?"

"No we werent. We are just friends. His parents gave the same expression as you are giving right now" Samyra said smiling.

"Ohkk....so what does he do?"

"He just cleared his M.D. He is a cardiologist"

"Thats great. Which hospital does he work at?"

"They shifted to New York about eight months back. He got a good job there"

"Thats fantastic"Anshuman said shifting in his seat. Soon his eyes started feeling heavy and he was asleep.

Seeing him asleep Samyra lowered the volume of the song and drove singing along in a low voice.

******
A/N

Thank you very much for reading, votes and comments.

Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year:-)