Jasmine and Shawn

In the sixth season this was the only real canon relationship from what I observed. Dave and Sky didn't become a couple unlike these two I'll talk about those two in a different part lets focus on the amazon and the zombie fearing man.

Jasmine is one of my favorite female characters and is my favorite in the sixth season not only is she Australian, but to me she's badass.  The girl is physically capable of anything from scaling walls, climbing tall trees she could do anything especially with her stature. I also like how she's darker in skin tone, to me I just think it looks better on her and makes her look more gorgeous, her laugh is so adorable especially when she snorts, and I love her accent. Like Shawn she also knows how to survive outdoors which is how these two began to connect, and with the new island the contestants needed these two to know how to survive in the harsh environment that Chris had complete control over until it went nuts.  

During the jump out of the plane, Jasmine saves Shawn from possible death, consistently chatting with him as the two search for food for their teams, and eventually developing feelings for him even with his zombie obsession. Shawn to me I don't think has had much experience with romance, but I still found it cute how he enjoyed Jasmine asking about zombie sightings because he got so excited about it. As Jasmine said no one's perfect, but I have a feeling Shawn's obsession with getting ready for a zombie apocalypse is why he probably didn't have a girlfriend. With the season having a small amount of episodes in a way I think these two could have taken a little longer to get to know one another truly, and to have more screen time allowing their relationship to truly blossom. Shawn in a few episodes already saw Jasmine as the perfect woman with her "looks, survival skills, and healthy fear of the undead this girl has everything!" When Shawn didn't show up for a challenge Jasmine got worried about him since she knew how his skills were in the woods the Australian knew it wasn't just him "getting lost" but something more serious.  Even though she likes him and he can be major competition if they faced off in the finale, I still liked how she still allowed herself to care for him sadly though it put her on the chopping block in that challenge, and even threw the game for him as she lost it for her team not to mention he hit her in the face with a dueling stick. Even though Dave was a jerk for using Shawn's fear to get the win,he did open Shawn's eyes to going to confess to Jasmine, Because of all the mixed signals he was giving Jasmine, and with the incident in the challenge she rejected him which I don't blame her. Their relationship was rocky throughout the series until Shawn saved Jasmine from being tagged in the hide and seek game, then it went bad after Chris shared the truth with Jasmine about how Shawn wasn't going to share the million after all and then fine again after Jasmine saw Shawn buried in the snow and they made up. Another funny and cute moment is when Jasmine got all star struck after seeing Shawn beat the shit out of the Chris robots accepting the flaw that was keeping Jasmine from truly wanting to be with Shawn. It's another reason why I have these two as one of my top couples, as the two overcome what they want to change in one another that they eventually accept one another as they are.  To me they are a good couple regarding their common interests as Jasmine even said he would be perfect once that whole zombie thing with Shawn was done.  With their first kiss I liked how they got so into it without it turning into a face sucking moment that consistently happened with Bridgette and Geoff that both didn't hear the loud alarms going off. I thought that Shawn was prepared to push the zombie fear behind him after saving Jasmine in the hide and seek challenge, but when it got to the semi final well it came back and began to control his actions once again much to my disappointment especially when lying about splitting the million with her. 

I was sorta disappointed how Shawn let his fear overtake him as he kept his feelings for Jasmine pushed to the side at the "possibility" of her being turned into a zombie.  In the confessional, he even speaks about what happens to couples in zombie movies even though the possibility of a zombie apocalypse is very slim he rather keep his distance, and how his self preservation is more important then his feelings for someone else. I can see him being rational if well they were in one of those zombie movies, but I think maybe he was traumatized as a kid and it's gotten so strong that it has distorted reality a bit for him which might explain his behavior. I mean the guy truly believed there was a zombie, and with the manipulation of Dave using the fear to his advantage so they could win the challenge goes to show that fear can truly control your life and actions. Overall, with all the rocky bumps in how the relationship was built I still love this couple.