Scott and Courtney

Alrighty, another man in Courtney's life? To those who heavily ship Courtney and Duncan please refrain from screaming at me for my opinion on these two.  

I was a big Duncan and Courtney fan when they got together in Total Drama Island, but after that the relationship fell apart much to my disappointment since when I was younger I was totally into the opposites being attracted to one another. Don't get me wrong I still am, but after seeing how toxic that relationship was, and then seeing Scott and Courtney interact well...I just saw these two having a better relationship then Courtney did with Duncan.

Why? I'm sure some are wondering that as they read this, but again please don't go on a commenting rampage it is just my opinion and everyone can speak their opinion as long as they aren't rude about it. 

To me I could see Courtney as a bad guy, so when she had to switch due to acting like one much to my "surprise" this is when the relationship began to blossom. Here we have a rugged, cheating, manipulative farm boy from season 4 who comes back in season 5. This boy is similar to Ezekiel regarding farm life besides his social skills as Scott has eaten dirt, moldy toast, slept with a pillow made of creatures, and well just an overall country boy. Courtney our controlling, bossy, obsessive with saying C.I.T who appeared in all 3 seasons and came back in season 5. This girl is competitive, spoiled, all around city girl with big goals in mind especially when she would do anything to win the million and gain advantages.  Here we already have a similarity where Courtney went the legal way to get her way into the game, gaining privileges the others couldn't have. Scott used his cunning ways to manipulate others and rig the challenges gaining leverage to get as far as he did. These two did what they could that would allow them to have the upper hand against the other competitors. Scott begins to flirt with Courtney once she's on the villains team from taking gruel off her head, saying she's pretty when she's mad, smiling at her when he bosses her around, etc. At first, Courtney needed an ally since she was on the villain's team and the other members weren't an option in her book. However, when Scott came back from Boney Island she was concerned since he fell from a high altitude from the helicopter, but her attitude changed quickly as the gave him another order which he took with no problem.  In the confessional, Scott thinks he likes taking orders due to the jobs his parents have, however he might just be a pushover after all when someone else especially a girl has a backbone to boss him around. This is when I begin to make the connection of these two making a better couple by how he was accepting orders from her without a second though, and with her controlling behavior she most likely enjoyed how he listened without any backtalk. Even though Duncan was terrified of her at moments he still argued and infuriated her. Scott and Courtney's relationship begin to grow as Courtney gets worried about Scott going back to Boney Island, she gets the beaver off from chewing on his butt, and saving him from a mutant gopher.  Then the big kiss happens both of them excited about it too. To be honest, when I first watched this season when I was a kid, I didn't expect Courtney to like him as she seemed like a high maintenance girl, but he would wait on her hand and foot if she demanded it. After becoming a couple the manipulation Mal played is how their relationship began to crumble until Courtney demanded they stay together..and of course Scott following orders without thinking for himself decided to agree and still be her boyfriend. 

Scott's never had a girlfriend and it was pretty obvious by the way he was awkward at the entrance of the cave when they began their hunt for Ezekiel, and he couldn't decide how to be polite without putting her in danger by second guessing himself. Also the compliments he gave her was a little strange, but hey he tried so I guess I can give him a little credit. However, when the kiss between Cameron and Courtney happened they definitely didn't bother to talk things out since all they did was argue in the cage while Zoey sat in the corner. It was kind of funny how Scott believed Cameron over his own girlfriend. I wasn't surprised how Courtney planned on using Scott when she pulled out the chart with the remaining players drawn on and who would be eliminated according to what she preferred. Courtney isn't stupid..she knows how manipulative she can be, and how her bossiness was a way of controlling Scott so of course Ms. C.I.T would keep him around until the end since as she said "since he'll probably let me win."

Overall, Courtney likes being in control, Scott likes being bossed around, so I think it just works regarding these two personalities.