29

25 March 2020

Hey, guys! I hope you're all well with the current situation in the world. Make sure you're all washing your hands properly and regularly, and that you're keeping safe. I hope the situation isn't too bad where you are? Make sure to stay at home. Love you all!

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love." - True Love

Alayna's POV

We have lunch in the luxurious restaurant of the hotel we're staying in, before we head out to roam the city.

'This hotel's so gorgeous,' I tell Zayan, smiling.

He glances at me and nods, his eyes filled with contentment. "It is. It's one of my favourite hotels in the world," he replies.

'Mine too. Definitely,' I say with a laugh. Then I add, 'I would love to try that swimming pool one day. The private one, of course.' There's an indoor swimming pool, which can be privately hired by anyone. It's so cool. And it's absolutely beautiful.

Zayan's eyes darken, and he swallows. "Would you, now?"

I nod. 'Wouldn't you want to?' I ask him.

He nods. "Of course. Shall we give it a go?" He asks with a wink.

My cheeks turn bright pink as I playfully hit his arm. 'No, thank you,' I say, a delicious shiver running down my spine.

That's a lie. I would love to try the pool with him.

What's wrong with me?!

After that kiss...

He still hasn't addressed the kiss even once. Does he regret it?

********

Zayan gives me a tour of the beautiful city of Venice that afternoon. We visit many of the famous tourist attractions, and we take lots of pictures of the city.

'Alayna? Come here,' he says, holding out his phone to take a selfie. I blush bright red as I stand close to him. He gently wraps an arm around my shoulders. We both smile, looking at the camera. He takes several photos, and then shows them to me. They turn out great. And yes, I'm blushing in each one.

When it starts to turn dark outside, we roam the streets of Venice. Zayan takes my hand, holding it in his. We walk peacefully, hand in hand, enjoying each other's company. Holding his hand feels natural. Like my hand was meant to be in his. He doesn't let go of my hand once that whole evening.

'Alayna, it's great being here with you. I've never had so much fun, than I have in this past week and a half with you in Italy,' Zayan says to me, staring into my eyes.

My hair flies with the soft breeze, and I give him a soft smile. My heart pounds at his words. "Zayan, I can definitely say the same. I've had so much fun here with you, and I'm gonna miss it so much. Thank you for this."

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, and he gives me his breath taking grin. 'Thank you, Alayna.'

I frown at him, confused. "What are you thanking me for? You planned this whole trip!"

'Thank you for marrying me, for coming into my life. For bringing your craziness into my life,' he whispers.

My heart skips a beat, and I feel my eyes water up slightly. "You don't need to thank me for anything, Zayan. You know, we were both annoyed at our parents when we found out that they had arranged our marriage. But they knew that it was for the best. Right?"