Okinawa

The season of cherry blossom trees of Okinawa have arrived! Splatters of pink cherry blossom petals spiral softly in the wind as children play in the park, not a care in the world. Oh do I wish to be that young again... At least I can still remember the sounds of the sea whistling away it's soft tune wishing and washing as the wind whispers away the secrets of the night. That was the place of my youth, the place I loved most. The place I cherished. The beach. Ishigaki beach. Okinawa's beloved beach, secret beach. I can still remember it like the back of my hand. The seagulls squeaking away, looking for food to eat. Luckily it was never my food that they had a taste of. Always my friends, I guess I was one of the lucky ones. They envied me as I chewed down on my food and watched the seagulls fly away with theirs.
Funny. Yes it was. I think I must be doing something funny right now, he's giving me a really weird look. My fiancé. Ryu.
"Hey. Earth to Yua. Earth to yua!" He shouts out while waving his hand in my face.
I laugh while watching his hand go side to side as he shouts out. He notices that I was laughing at him, so he stops. I look him up and down observing every piece of clothing he was wearing. His white shirt perfectly fitted on his body, brown shoes with his laces tightly fastened, his long coat that makes him look like Sherlock Holmes and his blue scarf that leaves no space around his neck. Tonight of all nights, he looked his best. Handsome.
While there's me. Wearing a simple sleeved blue dress with a bow tied at the neck and preppy black shoes. If you looked at us together, you'd think we're quite stylish. Which we are...

"Should we go through the Cherry Blossom Trees?" Ryu questions while tightening his grip of my hands.
"I'd love to. Can we take some photos too?" I question while walking along with him.
He nods at my question and we walk towards the entrance of the Cherry Blossom Tree walk way. Our feet came to a halt. Our jaw's dropped in awe of Okinawa's beauty. We've never seen a place quite like this before, a place with such a safe feel to it.
Astonishing. As we slowly walk on through hand in hand, we look at every single petal that we could see while mouthing the word 'wow' in awe still shocked at what we're looking at.
We come to a short wall. We sit on top of it next to each other. I move my body closer to his and rest my head into his chest while taking in the view of the sunset. Orange sky, white puffy clouds floating away in the sky as the wind whistles softly making the trees shake side by side.
He lightly slides his arm around me while resting his head gently on top of mine. This feeling. What is it? It's the best. I guess it's because I missed him, I missed these moments which we couldn't have. But now they're all ours, just for a few moments longer.
I don't want this to end. Not now. Not ever.
"I'm glad I ask you to marry me. Look at the honeymoon we got" Ryu whispers while laughing to himself.
"I know! Who knew we'd end up in Japan." I respond while chuckling back.
As he listens to my words he hums in response and he continues to listen to the wind's whispers. My eyes slowly lock shut as I slowly drift off to sleep in his arms feeling safe and sound. He must have noticed. He pulls me into a more comfortable position and quietly chuckles in amusement that I had fallen asleep already.
"Happy Honeymoon my love. I'm not going anywhere anymore. Sleep peacefully" He whispers softly.
As I slowly drift off to sleep his eyes also threaten to shut slowly. Before we know it. We're both deeply fast asleep on the wall. Letting the sounds of the wind singing it's lullaby keeping us fast asleep with no worries in the world...