💍13

***

Wendy kept on playing with her finger while waiting for Hoseok in the lobby. She looked down on her dress to check if it's okay. She doesn't wear dresses much so she feel oddly uncomfortable.

Soon her eyes landed on her ring finger, the diamond ring elegantly sparked. She wondered if her dress goes with the ring.

She unknowingly smiled. The girl who gets to wear it is lucky, as a girl, she doesn't care much about necklaces and bracelets, just one ring will be enough for her.

She can only sigh. "What a waste."

"What is?"

Wendy looked up and saw Hoseok smiling widely at her while walking towards her.

Smiling back, she shakes her head and took a step forward to meet him.

"Waah~ Is this really you? I almost did not recognize you."

"Yah"

Hoseok laughed. "It's a compliment."

He offered her arm which she gladly takes. She failed on hiding her nervousness as he noticed it.

"Don't worry, Momo will be there."

"Still..."

"And you can see the beach."

The thought lightened her mood. Hoseok chuckled, she's so easy to read, he even knows what to say to make her feel at ease already.

Wendy finally gave out a carefree smile. Right, it's not every day she'll get to experience something like this, she'd better enjoy herself.

Upon entering the hall, Momo went beside Wendy's side since Hoseok has to talk with the investors.

"Please take care of her for me."

Momo gave Hoseok a thumbs-up. Wendy laughed letting herself be dragged by Momo.

Wendy is not a drinker so she left Momo with her friends when a group of girls went to them. She took a plateful of fruits before going outside of the hotel, taking off her heels on the sand since it was killing her.

She sat on the white sand and ate the food. She doesn't even mind about the chilly weather, she just wanted to enjoy that moment. The feeling of being in her comfort zone, alone, and quiet. She glanced back at the hotel where she can see people wearing expensive dresses and suits talking to each other.

"That place really doesn't suit me. I just got there but I feel worn out already, Is party supposed to be like that?" She missed partying with her friends, she can't help but feel sad.

"If Joy and Seulgi was here, they'd probably be so bored as well." She sighed taking a slice of the apple while looking at the sea. Nothing can be heard but the sound of the waves only.

Though, she was thankful for the experience too since it will be helpful for her novel. She can even think of countless plots right now. She's still enjoying herself right now to get the laptop nor her phone. She'll surely forget it later but then she'll probably feel tired if she leaves right now so she'll just let it be.

Hoseok is probably still busy and won't look around for her, right? She informed Momo where she'll be so that he won't get worried.

"Having fun by yourself?"

Wendy looked up and saw Hoseok staring not far away from her. He walked towards her while taking his coat off then on her shoulder.

"You done?" Wendy asked since he had to talk with his business partners.

"Not yet but I feel suffocated talking nonstop, I need a breather."

Wendy smiled knowingly. "Good job." she offered the fruits to him which he gladly took a slice of the apple.

"What time are we going home tomorrow?"

Hobi glanced at her, "You want to go home already?"

Wendy embraced herself, tugging his coat on her body. "I have to work on my manuscript."

"You don't want to be with me?"

"We're both busy... Aren't you?"

"Yeah, I know but I want to spend some time with you for one more day."

"Some other time Hobi." Wendy stood up, taking his coat off and handed it to him. "I'm tired, I'm going back to my room."

Wendy looked up and saw his forlorn face, looking down. She grinned, taking a step towards him and crouch down, tapped his shoulder with my finger.

Hobi looked up, that's when Wendy inched closer to him and pecked him on the cheek before standing up and ran away to her room flustered.

The next day, before they have to leave for airport, Wendy and Hobi had breakfast together. Both were silent as they eat. It was just a kiss on the cheek but they both know there's more to it than just a mere kiss. It made them wonder of what truly their relationship is.

Despite the uncertainty of their relationship, Wendy knows what she truly feel.

As they sat beside each other in the plane, Wendy contemplated of what she's about to do, in less than an hour they'll be back in Korea.

She turned to him, Hobi was waiting for her to talk to him, guess it's time already. He turned to her.

They both stared at each other, Wendy held up her hand towards him. His eyes void of emotion.

She smiled, "Why don't you try taking it off?"

"Okay." His face full of determination.

Wendy felt sad knowing he's willing to take the ring off. Hobi put his hand over her ring finger, and slowly, pull the ring towards him. He's able to take it off like a magic. Both of them surprised how easy he did.

Wendy is the one who broke the defeaning silence, she smiled looking at him, "I should've asked you this from the start, we wouldn't have to go so much trouble to pretend."

"Wendy... -"

"This means... That our agreement has come to an end right?" She looked down on her finger and saw the mark caused by the ring, it probably won't disappear immediately.

"Let's not get emotional, shall we? We're just going back how things were before I wore the ring. We're finally free."

The intercom announced that the airplane is about to land.

"I wish you real happiness, Mr. Jung. It was a pleasure meeting you."

"What if I say that I like you? Be my girlfriend for real."

Wendy shake her head. "Let's not be caught up with things. You don't know what you're saying." She sat straight when the airplane is about to land, not sparing him a glance anymore.