Hammock

This one was written by TheGoldenRaven on coin commissions amino of course, so they're pretty neat!
I have no idea why people take my odd requests but I won't complain because these make me laugh lmao.

So yeah, enjoy!
———————————————————————
Dandy could easily describe her today in one word. Exhaustive.

The entire damn day, he had been hounded by the anthropomorphic animals asking for new things for the town. Be it additions to their shops, more benches and resting areas, or whatever, they hadn't stopped badgering her about it. Don't get him wrong, he loved his townspeople and he loved his town. Way more than he probably should. But sometimes things were just too much for him.

He needed a rest. A hibernation of sorts.

Dandy sauntered throughout his beloved town. The song of canaries made his eyelids weigh a ton. He let out a yawn, readjusting his red rimmed glasses as they slipped off the bridge of his nose. He hiked uphill, heading towards the newly installed hammock, a request made by his purple-furred boyfriend, Bob.

As he shuffled his butt into the white fabric, he wondered why the feline had asked for a hammock of all things. He wasn't complaining, he would never be opposed to a good ol' rest on a hammock.

He let the sheet engulf like and envelop, smiling as the familiar feline scent of her boyfriend lingered in the hammock. Of course, the cat had been to excited to not help put it up. But the knowledge of his excitement just made Dandy wonder more. Why in the world would a cat need a hammock?

Looks like now's a perfect time to ask. Hiking up the hill came a lavender furred, tall, lean feline, the pink evening sun illuminating his dandelion yellow pupils like a lava lamp. He padded up next to the hammock, grinning down at his tired mess of a boyfriend. "Rough day today, huh?"

Dandy groaned. "You can say that..."

Bob laughed, hints of purring lining each individual chortle. "Tell you what, why don't I come on in there with ya."

"Be my guest." Dandy grinned, imitating the voice of a certain French candle from one of their favourite movies, Beauty and the Beast.

Bob did an exaggerated bow, before slipping into the white hammock, finding a place snuggly next to Dandy. He nuzzled against Dandy's temples, as he wrapped his furry arms around his boyfriend, savouring his familiar, homely perfume. He knew that he liked to stick a bit of catnip in his perfume bottles. Other than smelling great, the catnip was the one clear weaknesses Bob had. He yawned, grateful to himself for having such a clever of a hammock.

"I never got to ask you earlier." Dandy spoke. "Why a hammock?"

He purred sleepily, flattening his ears and his tucked his head under his chin. "See... hammocks are plenty of room for one, and fit perfectly for two."

Dandy's face reddened as the cat's purrs went from mild to intense. At this point, Dandy knew his boyfriend was asleep, what with the occasional soft snore in between each purr. He set his hand on the feline's neck, veering a good feel of the charming, steady vibration of each purr. His face was riddled with his soft, fluffy violet fur. His legs were wrapped up in his tail protectively. And somehow, he loved it all, every bit of it. He buried his face in his head, closing her eyes.

If this is what being a mayor calls for, he'd gladly be one.