Chapter 11 ~ The Eden Club

The Eden Club...the one place I swore to myself I would never step into. Thankfully in all my years of working in the force I never once was given the opportunity, but that all was about to change when Connor came to get me fifteen minutes ago.

He was driving Hank's car as Hank sat passed out in the passenger seat, clearly trying to sleep the inevitable hangover he was going to get, while I sat in the back watch the window displeased by how this night was going so far.

Poor Connor when he explained where we were going in the elevator my mood shifted quickly. Though he tried his best lift my spirits he failed and soon decided to leave me be.

Poor thing. Hopefully, he knew it wasn't his fault and absolutely had nothing to do with him. It strictly was past experiences as a kid that shaped my feeling towards places like this. I thought about explaining it to Connor on the way, but that bottle had been closed for so long I wasn't sure if opening it would even be worth it. After all even though Connor's involvement in my life was constant at the moment. Soon it would stop all together when this was over. He would go back to Cyberlife while Hank and I would go on with our lives.

"Like he never even existed..." I thought sadly.

We arrived at the crime scene as Hank was waking up.

"Aw...feels like someone's playing with a drill inside my skull." He moaned clutching his head.

"Hopefully this will serve as a reminder for you not get so drunk old man." I chided softly.

Hank flipped me off looking out the car window.

"You sure this is the place?" He asked Connor

"It's the address on the report."

HANK (WARM)

Hank motivated himself finally to get out of his car swaying slightly as he walked towards the entrance. I sighed for closing my eyes for a minute to do the same.

"Suck it up and do your job." I reminded myself as my door opened.

"Are you coming with us Detective Lawrence?" Connor asked as the rain pelted him. His head as usual was tilted as his brown eyes observed me. Normally his face was neutral whenever he spoke unless he was emulating an emotion but something about his concerned expression was genuine. Did he know somehow?

"Yeah Connor I'm coming." I said hoping out of the car. "Sorry about before on the elevator."

He looked at offering a small smile.

"Though appreciated, your apology is not necessary. Let's catch up with Hank and finish this quickly." He walked away but I still stood there watching him stunned by his words. Why would he try to finish this case quickly? If not for Hank then was it for me?