One

I always hated funerals, the feeling of grief and loss was always in the air.
I especially hated this funeral, and instead of the feelings of grief and loss being in the air, they hung heavy in my chest. Weighing my broken heart down even more than the black dress that clung to my wet skin.
Rain was pouring down from the sky, but I didn't care.
I had just lost the love of my life.
I didn't care about anything. Not the fact that my body was shivering from the cold, not the fact that my lips were turning numb.
Nothing. Nothing could make me feel better.
I had somehow managed to make it through the services, hearing everyone talk abut Owen and all the sweet memories of him made me sick to my stomach. I had received so many "I'm sorry for your loss" and "I'm here for you" from so many people today. People that barely spoke to Owen, people that barely spoke to me. Now that he's gone, everyone seemed to care.
Everyone was long gone by now, leaving me alone out in the rain. Alone with the agony in my heart. I had watched as they tossed dirt onto his coffin, laying him to rest.
I couldn't tell if it was tears or just rain that was trailing down my face.
But it didn't matter, what mattered to me most was now gone.
Normally I wouldn't be so depressing, I was always the one who was bubbly and outgoing.
Now I felt like a shell of that person.
A sob left my mouth as my knees finally give out. I sink into the drenched ground, soaking my dress even more.
After a few moments I manage to pull myself together, laying the white Lillie into the dirt.
"Rest easy love, I'll miss you." I whisper out.
I turn and walk away, leaving my heart behind me along with the love of my life.

Grief seemed to rain upon me more than the water from the dark clouds above.
I was far from okay and I didn't know when I ever would be again.

Lillie above^
I see her as Amanda Seyfried!