Chapter 4

(Rose's P.O.V)

I woke up, still feeling the adrenaline rush from earlier, and my stomach growled. I then went down to get some breakfast, and I got a box of Frosted flakes, carton of milk, and a bowl. I poured the cereal and milk in the bowl and got a spoon out. I then heard what sounded like a pot hitting the garage's floor. Out of curiosity, I walked towards the garage, but my uncle put an arm in my path. Uncle Tom then said, "Rose, stay here." I heard my aunt say on the phone that my uncle was holding, along with a tranquilizer gun, "Please tell me you're not going to bring Rose to watch you tranqulize the raccoons." Uncle Tom responded, "No, she's going to stay in the house." I then decided to read a Harry Potter book, (the first one) while lying on the couch, and I saw my uncle head outside. I then suddenly heard a loud sound come from the garage! I quickly got changed, put my shoes on, and ran to the shed, but I saw my uncle Tom with a BLUE ANTHROPOMORPHIC HEDGEHOG WITH GLOVES AND SNEAKERS. I stared at them, and my uncle quickly noticed me, and he then said, "Rose, go back inside." I responded " What happened to the poor thing?!" I quickly ran to the hedgehog, and I saw a tranq dart in his leg! I removed the dart, and thankfully, it didn't draw blood. I picked him up, and my uncle then said, "Rose, drop it!" I responded, "Why did this poor animal get SHOT IN THE LEG with a tranq dart?!!" Uncle Tom responded, "Uh, the gun fired by accident, shooting him in the leg." I quickly ran inside, carrying the injured creature, but my uncle took him and put him in our dog's cage. Uncle Tom then took a deep breath to calm himself, and he then examined the creature, poking him with a spatula, and I then said, "Will he be ok?" Uncle Tom responded, "He'll be fine." My uncle then got out the quill from earlier, and he examined it and said, "The blue devil." That was what Crazy Carl always was talking about. My uncle and I then sat down in an armchair, and I looked at the quill, but my uncle suddenly turned around, and I heard a voice say, "Donut lord? Wacky hands?" I quickly turned around, and I saw the creature was awake, although still a bit groggy. I then rushed to help him, trying to get him to his feet. My uncle then said, "You can talk. You're not...you're not here to abduct me or my niece, are you?" The creature responded, in a slurred voice, "You abducted me!" I then said, "Oh, you poor thing! Are you okay?" The creature then chuckled and said in a slurred voice, "Wow, Wacky hands, you're even prettier than I remember. " I blushed, and my uncle then said, "What are you? Why were you hiding out in my garage?" The creature responded, "I needed somewhere safe. A-and you and Wacky hands are the only people I can trust, Donut lord!" My uncle responded, "Why do you keep calling me donut lord? And why do you keep calling my niece wacky hands?" The creature responded, "Because you talk to donuts. And then eat them if they get out of line. And I call her wacky hands because of her super-cool giant hands." I responded, "Oh, these? I just like to wear them." The creature then said, " Wait, wait, wait. Where are all the mushrooms? Why am I still on earth? Wh- oh no! I lost my rings!" My uncle responded, "What?" I then felt the floor rumble, and my uncle then said, "Rose, go back to your room." I ran up to my room, and I looked out the window, and I saw a GIANT black futuristic truck! I then heard footsteps coming from the attic, and I gulped and said, W-who's there?" I then heard a voice say, "Wacky hands? Is that you?" It was just the creature. Thank goodness! But before I could catch my breath, I then saw egg-like robots fly past my window! I let out a tiny squeak, and I then saw two of the robots fly into my room and start scanning, looking for the creature OR me! I hid under my bed, the scanners growing closer and closer to me, and just before the scanners could find me, I bolted out from under my bed, running down the stairway, but I then tripped over something, and I crashed into the kitchen, the creature rolling down with me, and he hid under the metal rolling cart, and I heard footsteps coming closer, and I saw a man with a weird mustache wearing a black suit and cape with red insides. My uncle came in, and he then said, "Oh, it's just my niece, Rose!" I saw a raccoon eating a cake on the table, and I just shrugged. The man then said, "Here's the thing. I'm never wrong." My uncle then said, helping me up, "Welp, first time for everything, I guess. Would you like some cake? I hear raccoons have the cleanest mouths of any animal that routinely eats garbage." The man then turned to leave, but he noticed the quill from earlier, and he picked it up and said, "Look at that. I was right. Note the lack of surprise. Should we try this again?" He then whistled, and a giant egg-shaped robot approached me and my uncle, and it fired up its' weapons at us, and the man then said, "I'm going to give you two five seconds to tell me where it is. Five." My uncle then said, "I don't know what you're talking about." Then man then said, "Four." My uncle then said, pulling out his badge, "Hey tough guy, I'm a cop. You're threatening an officer." The man responded, "How can I threaten someone who never existed? Three." The man then shouted, "Come on! Rack your brain! You might be able to come up with some lame excuse for you and your niece to go on living. In two...one..." The creature then came out from under the metal rolling cart, "Wait! Don't hurt them!" The man then screamed, and my uncle then punched him in the face! The robot then prepared to fire, but my uncle grabbed me and the creature by the arms as the robot fired at us, us ducking as to not get hi, and the creature then said, "This feels excessive!" I gulped, then the robot suddenly stopped firing, and my uncle then said, "Stay behind me." My uncle and I turned around, and we saw that the creature wasn't there! We then looked up and saw him standing atop the bookshelf, getting ready to jump onto the robot! My uncle shook his head "no", and I then mouthed, "Please don't!" The creature nodded, then he winked at me, and he jumped on the robot! The creature then said something, but I could not hear what he was saying, because the robot's gun was constantly firing loud bullets! I then saw my uncle knock the robot out with something, and he then grabbed me and the creature, carrying me and the creature on his shoulders, and the creature then said, sick from riding the robot, "Aw, don't tell me that's all you got! I'm just getting started! Lemme know when  you want to to round two with the blue!" My uncle then put the creature in the front seat in the truck and buckled him up and closed the door, and he put me in the backseat of the truck and buckled me up and closed the door, and we then drove off, both me and the creature exhausted.