VI

"Haruka?"

No way.

"Is that you?" He asked in English.

No. way.

I ran over to him and gave him a massive hug, practically tackling him to the ground.

"DOMINIC WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, OH MY GOD, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SAD I WAS TO LEAVE?!?!?!? WHY ARE YOU IN JAPAN?!" I screamed at him in English in excitement.

He hugged me back almost as tight as I did. "Well, I moved here for my Dad's work, but I mainly wanted to see you! I can't believe you're here! I thought you'd be witn your brother's team though?"

"I want to beat Tooru more than anything, you know that. What better way to do it than go to a different school?" He chuckled at my logic, and we both got up off the ground.

"Everyone, meet Dominic McKnight. He was the ace of the volleyball team at my school in America." The team all surrounded him, asking questions, but Daichi silenced them all.

"How about we let him introduce himself first?" The team nodded, and Dominic cleared his throat, beginning to tug at his fingers.

"My name is Dominic McKnight, but Dom might be easier for now, whatever you'd like. I'm from America, and I lived in Miami, Florida. I'm a second year, class 5. I'm a wing spiker, and that's about all I'm good at." He chuckled at the last part, moving his hand behind his head to scratch the back of his neck.

Dom definitely looked foreign, with his tan complexion and freckled cheeks. His curly brown hair was unruly and went down the back of his neck, tickling his cheeks. His green eyes practically sparkled in comparison, and his pouty lips curled into a smile. His stature was short, yet lean and muscular.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Dominic. I'm Sawamura Daichi, the captain." He shook Dominic's hand.

Dominic's eyes suddenly went wide and his face turned red, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I forgot that you're supposed to say your last name first here."

Daichi shook his head and chuckled. "It's fine. If it's easier for you, you can just address us all by our first names."

Dominic's face lit up, and he smiled the warm smile that I remember from all the good times in America. Most of the team seemed to find his grin contagious.

"A-A-ANYWAYS, would you mind if I began practice today? I already submitted my club form to the teachers. I'm just awaiting a response." He asked.

"Of course, how about we have a little game?" Daichi suggested, just as Takeda-sensei walked into the gym.

"Oh, who's this?" The short male asked.

"Um, I'm Dominic McKnight, sir. I transferred from America yesterday." He bowed to Takeda-san.

"Haha, well, welcome to the team then. Do you happen to know our manager Haruka here?" Takeda-san seemed to notice that we were standing really close beside each other. The brunette nodded in return.

"Actually, we're really good friends, Takeda-sensei . We went to the same school." I explained, and he nodded. "Dom, meet Takeda-sensei, the advisor."

He shook the black haired man's hand, and the team continued with introductions. After everyone knew eachother, everyone got into two teams.

Shoyo, Tobio, Kei, Ryuu, Dominic, and Kazuhito

Vs

Suga, Daichi, Yuu, Tadashi, Chikara, and Hisashi

It was Tobio's serve first. He tossed the ball up high, running up and hitting it hard, accidentally aiming straight for Yuu. The ball was easily, and Suga tossed it up, giving it to Tadashi, who, although on the taller side, isn't a super skilled spiker. Chikara saved the spike as it headed for the back row, getting it to Tobio.