Intro

Zed: Welcome back to Seabrook, where belonging is everything.

Addison: We're a strong, United and tight-knit community. And that's a good thing 'cause it wasn't always this way. There was a time when we had to protect ourselves. Legend had it that when the first settlers came to Seabrook, they found wild beast with sharp claws lurking in the forest.

Zed: which sparked an epic battle. Seabrook settlers bravely fought off the monstrous attack. And discovered a powerful energy source. Realising they discovered a precious resource, they safeguarded it from the beasts.

Addison: They weren't going to let anyone steal their treasure. So they hid it. So the town prospered and grew rich by harnessing the precious energy source. Seabrook benefited greatly as it grew strong, happy, and unified.

Zed: The beasts were a distant memory.

Addison: Seabrook forgot monsters could be real.

Zed: Until clearly they were. A little lime sofa mixed with a dash of industrial strength Seabrook energy... and BOOM!!! Zombies were created. In a lot of ways, Seabrook's moved on since then. But it's hard to bury your past.

LOCATION: Zombietown
Zaria POV:

Zaria: Hey! Upfront. How much longer?

Guard 1: Almost there. (He rolls his eyes and groans in annoyance)

After about 15 minutes the car comes to a stop. The front doors open then slam shut. Next thing I know the back doors open and the bright sun shines through. I cover my eyes since they were adjusted to the dark.

Guard 2: We're here.

I stand up and walk to the edge. I step off and stand there with my arms out. The guard pulls out the keys and unlocks the cuffs. The cuffs made a clink sound as it hit the ground. I rub my wrists from where the cuffs had been.

Zaria: Uhhh... which house is mine?

Guard 1: right over there.
He points to a house.

Zaria: Ok bye.
I walk towards the house and knock on the door. The door opens and I look to see a man standing there.

???: Uhhh hello? How can I help you?

Zaria: Oh uh I'm looking for my family. Does Zed or Zoey live here?

???: *gasp* Zaria! Is that you!

Zaria: Uhh yeaaa. Who are you?

???: I'm your dad.

Zaria: Oh hi dad.
He brings me in for a hug but I don't know what to do so I just kinda stand there awkward.

Dad: Ok so I'm about to head off to work, so I'll see you when I get home. Oh and there's food in there if you want some, and Zed and Zoey should be home soon.
I nod my head as "ok" and then he leaves.

~~Time skip~~

The front door opens and I hear little feet running.

???: Ahhhhh!
I stand up from where I am in the living room, and as I'm about to round the corner someone bumps into me.

???: Uhhh Zed there is a girl in our house.
I'm assuming this is Zoey.
???: What do you mean? Oh uh hi. Can I help you?
And that must be Zed.

Zaria: Hi I'm Zaria.

Zed: ZARIA!! No way!
He runs up to me and hugs me.

Zoey: Who?

Zed: Oh yea you probably don't remember her. Zoey this is Zaria your sister.

Zoey: I have a sister!? YAY!!

We all sit and chat for a few minutes until Zed stands up.

Zed: Hey do you want to come with me and Zoey? We are going to go set up my prawnposal for my girlfriend.

Zaria: Yea sure.

Zed: Ok great. Let's go.
He grabs everything he needs and then we leave and start walking to where he wants it. Once we arrive we start setting it up. And it looks amazing. He must really like this girl.

________________________________
Sorry it's a short chapter but just wanted to get my beginning out of the way and then get into the movie. So I hope y'all enjoy and plz send me feed back on things I can do to improve. This is my first book.