Chapter 3: Demy

It's been a week since Steve brought me home. The bruises my foster dad gave me were starting to go away. The ones I got when I tried to call Steve are still visible, though.

I pulled my backpack out from under my bed and shoved my only dress and sweatshirt into it along with my jeans, t-shirts, and PJs. I gently tucked my bear into the bag and pulled out a flashlight I've been working on.

I pried off the boards covering the window and aimed the flashlight into the sky. "Please work." I pleaded as I turned the flashlight on.

Luckily, there weren't any stars or clouds in the sky. The shield I made out of tape on the flashlight shone in the sky. I highly doubt Steve or anyone who'll call him is nearby but it's worth a try. Anything is worth a try at this point.

I could hear my foster parents arguing upstairs. "Please, Steve. I need a hero." I whispered.

"Bitch!" My foster dad yelled, swinging the closet door open. He grabbed me by my hair and pushed me into the hallway.

"Stop!" I yelled, earning a slap to the face and repeated kicks to the stomach. "Stop."

"She said 'stop'." Someone said, ripping away my foster dad and throwing him into a wall.

I looked up as Steve and my foster dad fought. Steve quickly won and gently scooped me and my bag up.

"You can't take her! I'll call the cops!" My foster mom screetched in her Jersey Shore accent.

Steve held up some papers. "Tony Stark sent me. If you wanna fight a billionaire, be my guest. Either way, I'm taking her."

I rested my head on Steve's shoulder as he carried me out to the jet. "I tried to call you." I mumbled into his shoulder. I haven't slept well in over a week, too busy nursing wounds.

"Go to sleep. Your dad is waiting in the tower for you." Steve said. He sat down and pulled me close. "I'll wake you when we get there."

I nodded slightly before drifting off.

"What happened to my kid!" Someone yelled.

I rubbed my eyes as I was moved from Steve's arms to someone else's. "Dad?" I mumbled, cracking my eyes open.

Tony grinned slightly. "Are you alright?"

"I'm used to it." I mumbled. I immediantly woke myself up. "I mean-"

"They hit you regularly?" Steve asked.

"I- well, ya see- uh, yeah, I guess." I mumbled, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Tony? Steve? What's- Hello, Demy. I wasn't expecting you until morning." Pepper said, walking in.

I waved slightly as I was passed back to Steve.

"Take her upstairs, Capsicle?" Tony asked.

I assume Steve nodded bwcause he carried me into the elevator.

"I can walk." I said, trying to get out of his arms.

Steve carefully put me down and waited until I was stable until he moved his hands from my waist.

We walked quietly to my room, which was apparently directly under his.

"Call if you need anything." He said, leaving and closing the door behind him.

I locked the door and slipped out of my clothes and into PJs. I grabbed my bear from my bag and curled up on the super comfy bed.