Chapter 13: Demy

Tony, Dorector Fury, and I sat around a debriefing table with Steve, Natasha, and Bruce.

"I met Demy's mom, Kristin, when I was twenty-three. A few months later, she got pregnant. The baby was a girl, Rosalie Kristin Jones. Kristin told she died at birth, we broke up and four years later we were back together. We got married when she found out about Demy," he looked at me. "You were born on what would've been Rosalie's fifth birthday."

"She's living in a rehabilitation center in New Jersey. She was put their after being released from jail." Fury informed us, sliding a file to Tony.

"Charges?" Tony asked.

"Prostitution, drug possession, underage drinking, drug dealing. The list goes on."

"You're the good kid, Dem." Steve joked as Tony scanned the file.

"Rogers and Demy will get her from New Jersey, the rest of you have a bigger threat to take care of. An older villian has resurfaced. He goes by the name Diablo. Stark, I know this is bad timing but I need you. The Avengers need you."

Tony closed the file and turned to Steve. "Keep my daughters safe." He turned to Fury. "Let's do this."

Steve scooped up the file and nodded for me to follow him. We took the elevator down to the bottom floor and then took the stairs to the basement. Steve walked straight past his mototcycle and to a SUV.

"Pepper refuses to be a minivan mom." He explained, climbing into the driver seat. "Get in."