Chapter 10: Ten Toes Down

I threw a 30 round clip in my glock and stared out the window, while my heart started pounding.

I understand what I have to do. Killa-Red's deadline wasn't even much a factor to how I was feeling today.

Being alone and accounting for my own decisions this long been making me see a lot of shit differently. I ain't never want to face the fact, but I was alone, like truly alone. I gotta be alright with that, because if I keep running round these streets like a lost puppy that's gone be the death of me.

Everybody out for theyself out here. Motherfuckers only with me when it's beneficial to them. Peso and Killa; them bitch ass niggas only needed me for revenge. Mozzy and nem just needed me to hustle for them. My own mama look at me like a rent notice, her love for me depend on if I'm paid or not. I think India love me but she got a complicated ass way of showing it.

Speaking of India I been staring at her house for the last 30 minutes. Killa-Red gone be on my ass looking for a payment tomorrow, so I gotta make something shake now.

I been mentally preparing myself to go through with this plan, but I was already past the "should I do it or not" stage. I was stuck at the mentally rehearsing stage, if I don't execute this shit right I'm fucked. I put my glock on my waist and walked to her door.

"Who is it?", India asked from the other side of the door.

"Ducey", I said.

"Oh, you can leave now"

Bitch.

"Come on don't be like that, I miss you."

She smacked her teeth and cracked the door enough for me to see her face.

"What the fuck you got a nigga up in here?" I asked.

"And if I did?"

"Man stop fucking playing with me", I said trying to push my way through the door.

"Oh uh uh, who the fuck is that?!" a loud voice appeared across the room.

I looked over and seen Tyra, India's older sister. Damn, my plan getting fucked up already.

India been living with her older sister since her brother died a few years back. Her mom got put in a mental institution, after her suicide attempt following her son's death.

"Wassup Tyra." I said peeking my head past the door smiling.

"That's Duecy?! Oh my god, where you been?!" Tyra yelled while coming over trying to give me a hug, but India stupid ass ain't budging, so I only got half a hug.

Tyra had to be like 25 now, but she still treat me like I'm still lil 10 year old Ducey tryna get her number. But I came around so often she started treating me like family.

She used to be fine as hell when she was a lil younger. She still look good now, but you could tell she be busy as hell by how tired she look.

"Shorty what you got on? You almost look like a real nurse." I said checking Tyra out in her scrubs.

She did a little spin, "Ain't no almost boo, I just finished nursing school I'm the real thing sweetie. It's my first day though, I look good?"

"Ouu don't ask me that while India right here" India rolled her eyes and walked away, giving up on keeping me out the house.

I walked in and seen Tyra putting hella shit in a dufflebag, which was posing as a school bag.

"You need all this shit?"

"Every last thing, we training in the hospital today so we going through every possible situation"

"Damn that sound like a lot, but congratulations Nurse Fleming"