Chapter 7: Death is in the Air

I walked to my room to change my clothes. I threw on a black tee some black jeans and a black beanie. I put Tariq's two-tone Smith & Wessen on my hip, then put Mac's glock on my other hip.

When I came out my room Mozzy and nem looked like they was tired of waiting or some shit.

We got to the car and I eyed the black Lincoln parked on the other side of the street. We all hopped in. I got in the passenger seat, and Mozzy drove off.

"Stop by my crib", Smoke said.

I looked at my watch and I had roughly 50 minutes to come up with 200k.

We took like 10 minutes to get to Smoke crib. I ain't know where I thought Smoke lived, but it wasn't the Mexican projects.

He got out the car dapping off some migos that were crowded around his front door.

My leg started jerking and I started looking at my watch.

"Wassup with you nigga, why you acting like we on a timer or some shit." Gleechy said.

I couldn't remember if I told this nigga we had 1 hour while we was in the crib, so I ain't want to spazz on him.

"If I don't get this 200k I'm dead nigga, that's what you don't fucking get." I said.

He crunched his face and looked at Mozzy while pointing at me like I was just the stupidest nigga he ever met.

"Boy you think nigga gone smoke you round us. Must be out yo body." Gleechy said looking at me.

"Yeah you tripping bro, I don't care who they is, nigga not gone play with us like that." Mozzy added while lighting and smoking a blunt.

"Yeah that's cool and all but I don't know where the fuck my moms at and I can't call her cause her fucking phone on the kitchen counter." I said.

"Damn fool, well look we gone figure something out. "Mozzy said passing Gleechy the blunt after I refused.

Smoke walked out the house, he had a duffle bag in his hand, and was wearing different clothes. He had on a red hoodie while wearing a black ski mask like a beanie.

"Get that shit out my face." Smoke said to Gleechy when he tried to pass him the blunt.

"You don't want smoke nigga?" Gleechy said.

"I'm already high as fuck." Smoke said.

"Pill head ass nigga, never want smoke." Gleechy said.

Smoke pulled out a AR-15 and a mask then passed it to Gleechy. Then he pulled out a .223 rifle and passed it to Mozzy. Then Smoke pulled out two more masks and passed it to me and Mozzy.

Just when I thought no more could be in the bag, Smoke pulled out a chrome black Mac-11, then twisted on a long suppressor.

This was nothing like the first ride. I didn't feel any nervousness. Whatever happen happen.

The ride wasn't silent like it was with Peso and Killa-Red. They had gangsta music blasting, Mozzy was cheifing the blunt, Gleechy was getting on the phone with multiple people and shit. Smoke was the only one who looked like he was concentrating on what we was finna do. Then again all he was doing was switching out clips for his Mac-11 like it was his prized possession or some shit. The vibe of the ride just felt like we was finna do some everyday shit not rob one of the biggest drug dealer's stash house.

"You missed the right, nigga why you keep missing yo turns", I complained to Mozzy.

"Man I fucking hate downtown you drive man", Mozzy said while pulling over.