E01S05 - Royalty in Chains [Winwin]

Sicheng stared at the outside world with curious eyes. This was it ever since he was a child. He wandered over as he thought of his recent plans.

Was he really safe if he went down there? Was it like in the books or like everyone described it?

Even Though doubts flooded his mind, curiosity prevailed as he wanted to see the people he swore to protect and serve. He wanted to see what it was like to live in the heart of the village he came to love from afar.

He sighed as he shook his head, the idea way too dangerous for his own good.

Was he regretting it? Maybe.

He sneaked out of the walls as best as he could. His mind running through thousands of scenarios and responses, just to at least go by without someone recognizing him.

He reached the village and began exploring. He frowned as it was mostly empty. The houses were shielded and almost every building was suspended at least a foot up.

He walked carefully towards the muffled sound. His eyes roamed around as the beauty that everyone talked about was replaced with unkempt, dirty and almost destroyed places. He sighed as his father's descriptions lost their magic. His heart filled with dread as this was what really happened.

He neared one of the very few bars and saw the crowd that was forming. He tried to find a reason for it but got his answer once a piece of black mass flew over him.

His eyes went wide. Warnings seemed to ring inside his head as he got closer. The center was somewhat visible as he got inside the crowd. Everyone cheered or showed their distaste at the results of the center.

A black mass moved around like a monster as a big buff man followed. The man was clearly winning. Sicheng could feel his breath hitch in his throat. This dark magic could only make sense if taken from a wood sorcerer.

His eyes followed the beast as it moved. Curses flew left and right as the fight got more intense. Sicheng got out of the crowd and took a deep breath.

He began his walk back. His mind running wild with questions. His visit was short but eye-opening in some way. He took a step forward only to get pulled back. He fell face first and began getting dragged.

He held onto one of the many columns and pulled. His body instinctively reacted and pulled whatever was grabbing him towards the column and snapped it open.

He stood up and looked back. The black mass had pulled at him. He frowned as it tried to touch him again.

"What are you...?" His question was cut short as another pull came his way.

His body fought against it but was pretty useless as he was dragged into the things complete control.