E01S06 - Me or You [Ten]

Ten sat on his couch. Sobs filled the apartment as he cried. His entire world had fallen in just a few seconds. He could feel his heart physically breaking. Every part of his body was in pain. He trembled with every sob.

He threw his phone to the side. The device did a loud thud as it came in contact with the floor. A picture. His girlfriend in the arms of another man.

A few notifications popped up on his screen. Apologies and messages of encouragement came from his friends who had caught her.

Ten placed his head in his hands. He cried freely. His chest was inflating with every emotion imaginable. Anger, pain, confusion, betrayal. Even more, if he really thought about it.

His mind screamed at him for being so dense. It kept repeating the memory of the first time he had seen it. The coffee shop. They were together, drinking coffee like any other couple. Her eyes focused only momentarily on him. That would bother anyone if it wasn't for those eyes to stare at an unnamed man. One he didn't know.

He had let it slide. Maybe she was trying to recognize him. Or maybe she was distracted and by coincidence stared at this handsome stranger.

From there on, his chest seemed to tighten. The restaurant date. The late nights. The abrupt disappearances. The gifts. Everything pointed at it and yet he let his chest tighten more and more.

Ten took a few deep breaths as he tried to find his composure. His throat hurt from all the crying. He couldn't breathe properly. His eyes had gone puffy and bloodshot red.

He picked up his phone and turned it off. He didn't need the world to fall onto his shoulders again.

He went to bed and could only see her eyes losing their love. Her words becoming dry and even empty. His nights becoming colder.

He was completely heartbroken.

Ten walked into the apartment in a rage. He was ready to see it happen. He just needed to see himself realize it. He was denying it but somehow believed it. He had to convince that part of himself that was still blinded by her.

He entered the house with the spare key. He didn't even care if he made any sounds. But the house didn't move, in fact, it was filled with other noises. Those rude and explicit noises that he once heard for himself. Slewd words that tainted the wall. Sounds that he kept to himself and would blush if he thought about them sometimes.

He was right.

He went up the stairs. His heart was calm. He wasn't enraged. He was numb. Calm. He knew there was no point in trying. Yes, he wanted answers, but he needed to know.

He came up the last step and sighed. The door was wide open. The scene of his beloved under another man was clear.

Ten walked forwards and paused at the door. He rested his weight on the frame and crossed his arms. He was waiting to see what she wanted to say. He was going to hear her out, even if he knew it would be lies.

He sighed once more and looked at the floor. This was taking longer than expected.

A loud pleased moan came out her lips as he kept on saying those dirty words that she loved.

Only then did she scream.

Ten lifted his eyebrows but kept his eyes low.

She came to him in a hurry. He lifted his head as he approached. Her eyes were watery. She was weak. And yet Ten had grown cold.

"Please, let me explain" She begged.

Ten lifted his eyebrows again. She was surprised and shocked. She began to stutter. Bingo.

Ten straightened up as the usual excuse came out of her mouth.

"It would have been more honorable if you just said you cheated on me," He said. His tone distant. "Because everyone knows"

Ten took a few steps back.

"After all, it was that obvious" Ten said.

She couldn't speak. She couldn't move. She was caught.

"You will come to me crying won't you?" He asked. "Saying sorry?"

"Ten..." She trailed.

"Like they always say" He lowered his tone slightly. "You are only sorry you got caught"

And with that, he left. He couldn't hear her cries. Her pleas. But he could hear the man walking out.

Ten stood in front of him. He looked at him and scuffed.

"Hope your wife is just as nice," He said as he turned around and opened the door.

The night air hit his face. He took his first steps out. His chest was still tight.

His heart was just shattered.

Ten went up the stairs calmly. He had to get some of his things after all. The woman followed almost desperately.

"Will you forgive me?" She said. Her eyes were already bloodshot red.

Ten sighed. This was the hundredth time she had asked.

"You can't forgive something like that," He said softly. "Mainly if you didn't own up to it last time"

He placed his last shirt inside his bag and took his leave.

And there it was. The fighting ensued.

She was getting all off her chest. She was lonely. She was broken. She didn't have anyone. Ten was always working. He was never there.

But Ten had a thing of his own to tell. She was the one to choose it.

"I was drunk!" She yelled.

Ten breathed out. His body heat going up.

"Drunken actions, Sober thoughts," He said. "Mainly when you were eyeing him at the coffee shop"

She froze. She forgot, didn't she? Ten was an observant man. He learned fast. He caught onto things quickly. ANd yet she made such a mistake to think he wouldn't know. Or maybe she knew he would deny it until the bitter end. He was not sure.

"Fuck you!" She screamed.

Bingo. Ten won.

He shrugged. He turned around.

She lashed at him. She hit him, scratched him, cursed him.

It wouldn't work. Ten had already said goodbye. But he saw her eyes. Those beautiful eyes that looked like small galaxies. Those magical eyes.

She calmed down and stared at him.

"Please..." She begged. "Don't leave"

She sobbed. Ten pushed her away softly.

"No," He said. "Not with you"

He shook his head as he breathed out. His chest loosening.

"Is this really it?" She asked. Her voice was coarse and distant. Tears stained her cheeks as the ever so present pink of her nose and cheeks certified her crying.

Ten could only nod. Was he regretting it now?

He turned around and opened the door. The air was still cold. He took a few doubtful steps but pushed through. He closed the door and sighed.

His chest was wide open. He finally did it.