E02S03 - Catastrophic [Taeyong]

Taeyong sat on the velvet chair as the woman sat on the sofa across from him. He was doubting his decision already, even though he had yet to open his mouth and say something other than a greeting.

He followed every movement as she placed a tape recorder on the table between them.

"Full disclosure: If you wish to take out anything, we will cut it from the official interview." The woman said. Her voice calm, but Taeyong could hear how fast her heart really went.

Taeyong nodded as he crossed his legs. The tidy black suit contrasting against his skin and hair. He took a deep breath as the woman turned to him.

"What really happened the night of the 21st?" The lady asked.

Taeyong sighed as he thought of where to begin. He looked at the tape recorder as he let his mind wander.

"Before I explain anything." He said calmly.

The woman straightened up, paying even more attention to the man.

He looked up with black eyes. Fear was present in her face as he smirked.

"Do you believe in demons?" He asked.

Taeyong walked down the street with his head low. Small drops of blood mixed with the rain as he tried to reach his home. His hair and shirt a mess as bruises formed on his face and body.

He blinked away the tears as he didn't really care anymore.

"I expected you to die down there," Eve said, startling Taeyong.

He looked to the side and was met with the black eyes, white hair and neat dark dress. He sighed as the demon laughed.

"Your days as an underling seem to just continue." There it was. The deal Taeyong refused every time.

"No," Taeyong said dryly. His voice was raspy and low.

Eve scowled. "Do you want to stay as the servant to a drug lord forever?"

Taeyong sighed as he turned to face Eve.

"I need a way to pay for school." He said and ended the conversation.

He walked away from Eve without sparing her a glance. He was done with her by now.

"Is Eve part of what happened?" The woman said. Her voice low and cautious.

"Yes," Taeyong said. "I was not the only one."

The woman began to write something down.

"Well, I am not the only one"

Ten sat across Taeyong. Both somewhat silent.

"Why did you give in?" Taeyong asked from genuine curiosity.

Ten looked down to his hands and sighed. "I was going to die if she didn't pull me out."

Taeyong sighed. "And the only way to get out was by accepting her deal?"

Ten only nodded.

"What about Jaehyun?" Taeyong asked, getting worried.

"Jaehyun and Johnny refused" Ten answered. "But Jeno and Jisung accepted"

Taeyong felt his stomach do a flip.

"They wanted to help Chenle and Jaemin," Ten said.

Taeyong couldn't even look at him in the eye.

"It's not your fault" Ten tried to help his friend.

"She said it is," Taeyong said. "If I had accepted, she wouldn't have convinced you"

Ten frowned. "Why does she was you to turn so badly?"

Taeyong shrugged. Ten's eyes went wide.

"I have to go," He said hurryingly. "See you later"

Taeyong only followed Ten as he left.

"He saw it," Eve said.

Taeyong sighed in frustration as he turned to the lady. She only shrugged as Taeyong stood up.

"The deal went better than expected," Jaehyun said.

"Yeah..." Taeyong dragged on as his friend celebrated.

"We have to go meet Johnny before he hangs us," Jaehyun said as he picked up the pace.

Taeyong only went behind him. His heart filled with dread as something felt wrong.

Only then did the gunshot enter his ears. His heart slowly stopped as Jaehyun pulled at him. The world was sent into a stable ringing.

His eyes went wide as he realized he was the target of the shot. His breath hitched as his body began to fall. The ever sudden burn came when sound returned.

"Taeyong! Stay awake man!" Johnny yelled.

Taeyong only focused on the pain.

"I won't take a no this time," Eve said to him. "Sorry"

Taeyong screamed in pain as his body filled with fire. He closed his eyes tightly as the world around him subsided.

He began to breathe in and out as the pain slowly went numb. He looked up to see a corpse. He jolted up. The world around him was blood and death. He stood up only for the sound of sirens to set off around him.

He looked up only for his world to turn red. He jumped up, only for him to dismember, hurt or take someone's head. He stopped in front of a window and looked at himself. White hair, black eyes, and black clothes.

He sighed as he looked back. Rivers of blood flowing to him as the body fell to the ground.

"What happened after?" The woman asked.

"The news spread that I was the one that killed them all. But there was no proof" Taeyong answered.

The woman froze. "Why are you putting this out there?"

He smirked. "Give people the satisfaction of knowing what killed them"

The woman's heart sped up as Taeyong cleared his throat.

"This is quite quick," He said as he stood up.

"Just don't move," He said, only for blood to fly across the room.