Chapter Ten: Pain on Pain

(Song for the chapter, also sorry for taking so long to post)

~Theo's POV~

Watching as he holds his hand over the dark feeling magic, I wonder how long something like this takes, but searing pain makes me roar out just as I'm surrounded in black and purple smoky magic.

It fades away, and we are back outside by the car. Doubling over in pain, I see the cuff Maeve put on Yuri, right next to my face.

Trying to make it make sense, another roadblock is thrown my way as the ground starts to shake again. Looking over at the warehouse, I can see a barrier around where it stood, but in it's place is a raging fire eating the rest of whatever survived some kind of explosion.

I gasp out finally able to breath in as someone I saw in the warehouse, looking even more confused than me to be outside it, looks down after hearing my noises.

Yuri pulled everyone out of the building.

"Let me help you up," the man says, but I cant get the words out before his hand is under my bicep and he lifts. Sweat from the pain before, makes his hand slip off of me but it's too late, his touch makes my scar burn hot again, then glow blue out of anger, keeping in my pained noises this time.

Quickly getting to my feet, I pick up the cuff, shaking my head, "I am fine, please do not touch me," I growl, meaning for it to come out nicer between deep breaths. "Thank you for trying though."

I don't address what just happened, thankful I have a mask on thats hiding the tears running down my face.

"I should have expected that," Yuri mumbles to himself, seemingly unaware of my pain, and I whip around to face him.

"What the fuck just happened?" I ask pointedly, staring into the black and purple smoke that covers his face.

"I saved you all from a trap Dernov left. He rigged it to explode the next time any of his blood comes near the spell, which I was stupidly not expecting, and left me with little time to disarm it," he says, then shrugs.

He is putting on a show to make me think he cares while subtly trying to get free of us.

"Did you need to take your cuff off?" I ask, raising the thing up between us to show him I have it. The cuff shakes in my hand, taking his attention before he looks back into my eyes.

"To teleport everyone inside the building out, and to put up a strong enough barrier to hold the explosion in, yes," Yuri replies, "sorry, should I have kept it on and let everyone die?"

I let out a growl, pissed off at him for making me feel this pain, and also backing me into a corner.

"No, but you piss me off so much," I growl through clenched teeth, then Ashley's hot pink and purple smoke, that doesn't set my scar on fire, envelops us all, leaving us inside the ATTMB's main room near the computer.

I sigh of relief, feeling the cooling sensation of a spelled tank top made to lessen the sting of the burn under my cloak, also thanks to Ashely.

Instant guilt makes me sigh and I stop glowing blue.

"Thank you Ashely. I'm sorry, I feel bad for yelling at that guy," I say, "but not you." I glance at Yuri, taking note his hood is down.

He open's his mouth to say who know's what, but he is interrupted buy a call that rings out through the ATTMB speakers, making sure we hear it.

Rayvyn steps up onto the command platform, then sits at the computer in her chair, and taps the screen a couple times. As she does that, I feel too warm and take off my sleeveless cloak, just keeping on the spelled tank top, setting it on one of the two empty chairs near Rayvyn.