⋆O N E⋆

"No." Claire insisted, rolling her eyes at her phone's camera. 

She was on FaceTime with her best friend, Bridget, who had come up with probably the craziest idea on the planet. Maybe she was exaggerating, but it certainly seemed true at the moment. And it was most definitely the craziest plan she had ever come up with. 

If you knew Bridget Ziesenheim, you would know that she was ambitious, and when she fell for her crushes, she fell hard. You would also know that you'd get roped up into her plans faster than you could say snickerdoodle. Which just so happened to be Claire's favorite cookie, but that was beside the point. 

"Come on, Claire!!" Bridget insisted eagerly, waving her hands around in complicated hand motions as she explained. "Writing love letters to him won't be that bad, it's not really you don't it anyway - and if you write it, they won't suspect either of us!" 

"What if he thinks it's me writing the letters, Bri!? I would like to save myself the embarrassment, thank you very much! Especially because it'll probably be very easy to find out it's us, we're crazy and your crush on Xavier is so obvious!" Claire muttered, her mind whirling with a ton of questions and wondering whether this was a good idea. She knew in the end, she'd eventually give in, just like she always did. Her inability to say no really sucked, didn't it?

Bridget rolled her eyes, giving Claire a begging look. "No, seriously. You can disguise your handwriting too ! You know you're just so much better at this then me! Remember what happened last time?" 

Oh yeah, Claire remembered what happened last time. Bridget had attempted to write a one sentence letter to him in cursive - and it had took her hours. And then, her sisters told her it wasn't a good idea and she shouldn't do it. All the work wasted, and Claire didn't even think it was that bad of an idea. Probably because she didn't have to do anything, though. 

That was back in October, though. Now it was March. And Bridget decided she wanted to do it again. Which Claire was actually going to be involved in this time. 

"Fine, maybe. But what's our plan, Ziesenheim?" She gave in, fidgeting with the tassels on her pastel pink sweatshirt. Her favorite one, actually. 

"Simple." Bridget declared, pulling out one of her old journals - the ones Claire thought she never wrote in anymore. The one dedicated to her crushes, and right now it was about Xavier Lucas.

Xavier Lucas was a popular boy who was undeniably attractive, even to Claire. And undeniably crushed on by a ton of girls. He had dusty blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes, and Claire could see why people liked him. She's always thought he was the type that was secretly a really nice person on the inside, but acted like a jerk on the outside.  Maybe she had been influenced by Bridget, she didn't know. He had a best friend, Asher Klein, who Claire absolutely despised. He was a troublemaker, a jokester, and basically everything she had been taught to not be. She'd always tried to avoid them and their group, mainly not to attract attention to herself and not to get caught up in the everyday high school drama. She already had enough of that in her life. 

"You still have that?!" Claire exclaimed in surprise as Bridget completely ignored her comment and began to scribble down their plan while dictating it to Claire. She'd thought that Bridget had given up on her journals, but she guessed not. 

"I am going to write a note to him on a document that I will share with you. Then you will write it down on a nice piece of paper cause you have that kind of stuff."

Claire groaned, putting her head in her hands.  "I still don't understand why you can't just use your paper." 

"You'll use the fountain pen and ink, because I love old-fashioned stuff like that and that's cool. And then we will put it in his locker and in the letter ask him to place his response somewhere in the school." Bridget continued, ignoring Claire's constant interruptions. To be honest, Claire kind of wished she'd think this out. Sure, she was all for risk-taking. But this was a huge risk she didn't know if she wanted to take.