⋆F I V E⋆

❝you are your own definition of

                                  beautiful and worthwhile 

                                 and no one else's definition.❞

                                               -taylor swift

                         ✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Surprisingly, the rest of the day passed by smoothly. Asher didn't pester her anymore, and she wasn't questioned by any other of Xavier's friends. 

She was still on edge the whole day, though. She was careful not to send Xavier and Asher too many looks during class, just so she wasn't suspected any more this anyone else. She noticed them pointing towards her a couple of times, but other than that everything was normal. At least, from what she could tell. 

She did eavesdrop a bit though, because who knew? She could find out valuable information - because so far, she really had nothing to tell Bridget about. She heard nothing, though, except a couple mentions of Willow Rose, Bridget's pen name. It still unsettled her though. 

She wondered whether she was being too paranoid, and if that was enough of a hint for them. Nonetheless, it was impossible for her to act normal the whole day. 

The day had gone by relatively quickly, and soon enough she was walking to her locker, anxious to get out of there. Everything had gone pretty close to perfect, minus the small run-in with Asher. She didn't want to ruin that now. 

She was walking home, the weather was nice anyway, and she lived close. With summer approaching, she planned to walk home more and more. She slammed her locker closed, which was surprisingly not jammed, and turned to head out - only to see the one and only Asher Klein standing behind her. She gasped in surprise, before sighing in relief, only to realize it was still not a good situation she was in. 

"What the heck?!" She exclaimed, backing up into the locker in surprise. She had to say, this whole thing had gotten kind of stalker-ish, and she wasn't enjoying it the slightest. Especially because she wanted him to just leave her alone. It couldn't be that hard, and he didn't even like her as a person, so it should be easy, shouldn't it? 

"Sorry." He muttered, not looking very sorry. 

"You've been around me so much recently, if I didn't know better I'd say you were obsessed with me." Claire remarked, rolling her eyes. She instantly regretting saying it, because it sounded weird as heck and she didn't even know what she was implying when saying it. Luckily, he didn't take note of it, instead staring at her with those light ocean blue eyes. 

"You wrote it." He declared suddenly, his eyes never leaving hers. 

She swore, her heart stopped right then and there as his clear blue eyes with a darker blue flecks  bore into her deep chocolate brown ones. 

"What do you mean, I wrote it?" She attempted to maintain her cool, but she heard her voice stutter, and she wanted to slap herself. She could tell that she had just given herself away, and a sense of dread crept up in her chest. Now Xavier would know, and it would all be ruined. 

He smirked, a devilish glint in his eyes.  "You wrote the letter to Xavier, you know you did." 

"You're implying that I am this mysterious," She made finger quotes in the air, not backing down quite yet.  "Willow Rose?"

He shook his head after a moment of thought. "No, you're not the type to have a crush on Xavier." 

"How do you know what type I am?!" She fumed angrily, and he rolled his eyes. Classic Asher. She wished he would just go away. Why did he have to be so incredibly annoying?! Especially because he figured this all out, which was kind of shocking to her. She'd always thought that if anybody found out, it'd be Xavier himself.  "Whatever, it doesn't matter, why are you accusing me of writing it then?"