Chapter 7: Nightmare Dress like a Daydream

          All day today, people looked at me like I was a ghost, and people asking me if I was okay, or it’s great to have me back. I put on a smile but on the inside, it was driving me crazy. I walk to my locker to put my books away, I guess my last class is drama, I never thought I’d be so happy to have a class where I don’t have to think. I sigh and put all my books away and closed my locker to see Damien.

          “I’m sorry for this morning. I wanted to tell you that this at lunch but I thought I’d grab you these first.” He says and pulls some red roses from behind his back. “Oh, thank you.” I say and take them. Roses, red roses, they mean passion, but I don’t feel passion at all. But I put a fake smile on my lips, “Thank you again, I’ll just put them in my locker till class is over.” I re open my locker and put the flowers in. I turn back to Damien, his just smiling.

          “How about I walk you to class since I was such an ass to you this morning?” “Um, sure?” I say and start to walk back to room 300, I guess that room is also the drama room; did it also have a closet to take me to Narnia also? I thought as we reach the room. Damien pulls me close, “I’ll see you in a bit?” I nod as I feel his lips on mine; I couldn’t help but open my eyes wide and saw another vision.

***

          I’m running, I can’t stop, if I do, he’ll get me. “Elsa! Elsa you better get back here!” I hear but I just keep running. I run till I found a lake frozen over. I look at the lake, knowing I’m trapped. I keep seeing my reflection, my hair a mess, my dress ripped apart from the woods and I see tears running down my face. “Elsa.” I turn to see Damien looking at me, his eyes burning red.

          “Please stay away.” I say one step to on the lake. “Elsa, get back here.” He says moving closer to me, I have both feet on the lake now. “Stay away from you bastard!” I yell. “Elsa, if I can’t have you, no one can.” He says with a smile taking more steps to me. “You’re a nightmare!” I’m in the middle of the lake now. Damien stops and smiles, “I’m the nightmare? You call me the nightmare, Elsa, all you needed to do was to marry me, give me your f*** kingdom and we’d be fine! Every girl wants me; I am a daydream to them!” He yells.

          “A daydream, you’re a nightmare dressed like a daydream you horrible man! You will never have my kingdom! You will never have me! My heart and soul belongs to Jackson! It will never belong to you!” I yell. Then he started to laugh, “Fine, then I’ll just kill you and marry Anna. Take the kingdom that way.” I feel my heart stop, “Don’t you dare touch my sister!” I yell stepping to him till I heard a crack. I look down to see the ice starting to crack under me.

          I hear Damien laugh again as he pulls out his sword, “Why not just make this go faster?” He says and holds his swords up high. I close my eyes, waiting for death. “Elsa!” I open my eyes to see Jack behind Damien, his sword drawn. “Jack….” That’s when I felt break under me.

***

          I pull back breathing heavily. “What’s wrong?” Damien asks as he tries to grab my hang but I pull back, “I’m sorry. I have to go.” I say and open the door and run in. I close the door, my back to it. I slowly side down the door, my hand on my head, crying. Did Damien just kill me? How am I still here? What happened to me?