Chapter 19

I awoke to the sound of faint talking from the room next to me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, remembering the occurrences of yesterday. Trying to block out the negative thoughts, I thought about the therapist treatment thing.

No matter how much they try, I am adamant I am not going. I'm not crazy and only crazy people need special treatment. Why can't I just be like everyone else. Normal. People say normal is boring; can it really be that bad? Worse than being crazy?

I pressed down on the home button on my iPhone to see the time. 9:13 am. I also glanced at the date. Thursday 14th August. I had been with James for just over two weeks and I had barely done anything. No water gun fights, no trips to Jump, no laser tag. Well that was about to change..

I was brought out of my random thought train by James walking into the living room.

"Morning" he smiled and sat next to me.

"Morning" I replied, putting one of them smiles on which you wear when you see someone you don't know well enough to speak to on the street so you just smile.

"Hey, when are you and the boys working again?" I asked. James looked hesitant to answer.

"Uhm..next week?" He seemed nervous...he wasn't telling me something.

"James what aren't you telling me? Don't lie" I spoke, worried shot what he would keep from me.

"It's just..I don't want you to feel bad..uhm..we were supposed to work this week on the album- you know, them weeks when you go in at 8am and come back at 11pm? But I uh..rang in to cancel because I wanted to be here for you.." He trailed off. I tried to hide the guilt which coursed through my body.

"Don't feel bad it's not your fault..we can reschedule for another week I promise" he spoke. This was silly.

"James go to work. Look it's only half nine, you won't be too late. If you stay here, your album won't get released for a further few weeks. Go to work, I have dad here so I won't be completely lonely, And I could do with some time to sort my head out. This would be the perfect time, I promise I'm fine." I finished my mini speech. I don't really give speeches like that- I usually think about what I'm going to say too much and I get awkward about saying it.

It was quiet for a minute and James was in deep thought.

"Okay. Only so you can have some headspace, you need time to think about things. But promise me that you will ring me every morning, lunch and evening. I probably won't see you because you need to sleep." He spoke, over-protectively. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from the coffee table in the middle of the room and scribbled a few things down. I peered over his shoulder.

'Ring 01752 123456 (studio number) for emergencies'
'Text James when you wake up and when you sleep'
'Pick up when James rings you at lunch'
'Make sure you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner'

He was in the middle of scribbling another one when I stopped him. I knew this list wasn't for me- it was for dad. He tried to make it look like it was me but it wasn't. For some reason, James didn't trust that dad was 100% recovered from his depressed stage, assuming that any second, everything could go back to how it was when he was depressed. I know that won't happen, but James doesn't.

"Seriously, go and get the boys" I interrupted him from his rapid scribbling. He looked at me and stood up, walking briskly out of the room and knocking on Tris, Brads and Connors doors.

10 minutes later, 3 very tired looking boys were stood in front of the door, ready to go.

"You know that I probably won't see you for like a week now don't you?" James asked as he pulled me in to a hug.

"James seriously, it's fine. You can FaceTime me at the studio and I'll text you and to be honest I'll probably be awake one of the nights you get in so stop panicking" I rubbed the back of his neck. I don't know why but I always had an obsession with James' hair line at the back. As a child I would stroke it all the time. I was a strange child..

When the boys left, I decided to tidy up a little. I put the kettle on and wiped down the table. That's when I had the amazing idea. I would probably get bored all week, so what better rondo than clean the house! I could do the car too, they will be so impressed.

I decided that I would start my cleaning after my cup of tea, which is exactly what I did. I placed my empty mug in the sink and went to the living room with a paper bag, a duster, the Hoover, the polish and window cleaner.

I started by taking all of the mugs and cups and plates from the mantle piece out to the kitchen. Then I put all rubbish in the bin, followed by the surfaces being polished, the floor and sofa being hoovered and the windows being wiped down. I copied this procedure in the kitchen and in the landing. I decided against doing the boys' bedrooms as I would rather not pick up their boxers from the floor. So I went to the spare room and hoovered, stripped the bed, polished and cleaned the windows.

3 hours later I slumped against the clean kitchen table. Dad had awoken by then and I had explained to him what happened with the boys.

"Oh..I have to get back for work.." Dad trailed off, scratching the back of his head, clearly thinking hard about how he could stay.

"Dad I'll be fine. I'm 12 not 5, I promise I'll be fine. The boys will be here and night and I'll lock the door. Plus I'm pretty mature for my age." I assured him. He had to get back to work and that was completely understandable.

"Uh..okay.i'll have to speak to James though. I'll probably head back Thursday" he stated, more to himself than me.

"Smells nice.." He looked around the room. "Oh my god how clean is it?! Did you do this?" He asked, as if it were a miracle. I slightly chuckled.

"Haha yeah I got bored and it was pretty messy" i followed him into the living room where he looked amazed.

"I never imagined Tristan Evans or Connor Ball living in a flat looking this tidy" he chuckled as he sat down.

"Okay, movie day?" He asked. I smiled and sat next to him. I love my daddy.
~~~~
AN. I think this is a little shorter, sorry. Chapters will start getting better and more frequent soon I promise. I don't really have any ideas and nobody really comments or inboxes me main plot ideas so please could someone inbox me. I have a rough idea but really need thoughts and help. Any ideas, I would be willing to take on. I can't carry on the story if I don't know what to write. You will get credit, unless you opt to have it anonymous.
Thank you,
Stay strong,
I love you.