Chapter 1

It was a beautiful, sunny, July morning in Thneedville, South Dakota. The sun had just rose and the Onceler was asleep in his bed. The Onceler's alarm clock went off. He arose from his bed. He had bags under his eyes like always, and his eyes were red because he was still high. The Onceler usually smoked pot because the death of his boyfriend (The Lorax). The Lorax had died of Stage Four stomach Cancer eight months ago. The Onceler grinned as he thought about the lorax. He remembered the last words exchanged between the two. The Lorax had laid on his deathbed, frail, and miserable. He said 

"Onceler, baby, it's time." The Lorax said quietly.

The Onceler responded with a quiver in his voice "No, hon, it's not. Don't leave me." 

The Lorax replied "I don't regret hating you." 

The Onceler replied "What the fuck did you say you bitch ass hoe?" 

The Lorax's heart monitor flatlined as soon as the Onceler said those words. Sometimes, to the Onceler, it didn't feel the same without the Lorax around. The Onceler sat on the side of his bed and said to himself, "When will anyone love me instead of calling me a dollar store Frank Iero?" His mother yelled from the kitchen and said "BITCH WAKE YOUR EMO FATASS UP AND COME OUT HERE." The Onceler started to cry and put on his clothes. He kissed his fedora, which had been a gift from his dead fuck-daddy. He suffered being called an Emo fatass slut every day. He walked to the kitchen where his family was sitting. 

His family was sitting with their hands in a praying position. They were typical southerners and were praying for the gay to go away out of the Onceler. This always happened every Tuesday and he HATED it. 

The Onceler said "When will you stop doing this and accept the fact that I'm not going to stop being my true self?" His mother replied with the usual 

"Hun, you have broken the promise between you and the Lord Thneed. " 

The Onceler had enough of this bullshit. He finally responded angrily, "I'M TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT, MA. I'M MOVIN' OUT." 

His mother looked horrified and his father looked like he was too scared to fight his own son. Bret was crying as usual, ever since Chet died. Chet died because he committed  suicide because his brother's company failed. Chet was named one of the shareholders of THNEED INC. and had racked over $4 million in shares. When the company went downhill, and the Onceler polluted the county, Chet hung himself. Bret found Chet in their bedroom. 

The Onceler went back to his room and pulled out his suitcases and started packing. He dug in his closet and grabbed his 12 black striped vests and his black ripped jeans. He grabbed his condoms and lube from his medicine cabinet. He put his guitar in it's case and attached that to the suitcase and he put on his only pair of shoes and booked a one way ticket to Hollywood, California. He made the arrangements with a crackhead on the side of the Native American Scenic Highway. The Onceler also sold cocaine and heroin to people to buy tickets to events such as My Chemical Romance, Allison Krauss, and Plane tickets. He never used though, except he only smoked weed. 

The Onceler entered his car and drove to Sioux Falls Regional Airport. He boarded his plane and had second thoughts but followed through with his plan. He made it bigtime.