chapter xxi.

chapter twenty-one —
goodbye, josh.

chapter twenty-one —goodbye, josh

" No. . no no. . I don't take orders from you! " Josh shouts loudly as he spins around wildly, it being obvious to Sage that he was either on something or had literally gone insane.

    " Oh no. . " Sage mutters as she looks between the wooden boards at her former best friend, her heart hammering in her chest as she stared at Josh.

    The three quickly find a door leading into the area that Josh was standing in, it obvious that he was hallucinating. They all start to surround Josh, the three looking at him nervously.

   " I don't take orders from you, you can't tell me what to do. . " Josh continues to babble, his voice cracking as he sobbed.

   " Josh? " Mike calls out as him, Sage, and Sam all looked at Josh apprehensively while getting closer to him until they were only a few feet away. " Hey. . Hey Josh! "

   " You can't tell me what to do anymore! " Josh sobs as Sage stares at him, pity clear in her eyes. Mike continues to call out Josh's name as Josh and the unknown person that Josh was hallucinating continued talking, " Okay. . Okay. . I trust you. . I trust you. "

   Josh turns around suddenly as he finishes speaking, but he was either not noticing the trio infront of him or chose to ignore them as he started to whimper because of something that the three couldn't see. Sage, Sam, and Mike all quickly stand closer to Josh and stare at him in confusion.

  " What's the matter with him, Mike? " Sam asks in confusion as she looks at Josh.

  " He's tripping or something. " Mike shrugs and quickly slaps Josh making Sage gasp in surprise as Josh is quickly snapped out of his hallucination. Mike quickly sighs in relief as he grabs Josh's arms, " Josh! "

  " M. . Mike? " Josh stutters out in shock.

   " Josh. . Hey man! " Mike exclaims in relief as he steps back.

" Don't hit me please– " Josh practically begs making Sage frown as she steps forward and places a hand on Josh's arm.

" He's not going to hit you, Josh, " Sage says quietly to Josh, hoping to calm him down slightly at seeing a familiar face that wasn't angry with him at the moment. She was still angry at her former best friend, but now was not the time to be yelling at him. " I'll make sure of that, okay? Nobody's going to hit you now. We're just all glad that you're okay. "

Mike pulls Sage back slightly to stand inbetween him and Sam as he starts to speak to Josh, " You were deep in it, man. Full mental jacket. "

  " We didn't think we'd get you back. . " Sam speaks up frowning, but relief clear in her tone. The blonde then starts to tell Josh about their theory of what happend to Hannah and Beth at a very wrong time, " Josh, Hannah was down here for weeks, maybe a month. She dug Beth up– "