Chapter Four: Danté

"Leo, Jamie, Diane, this is Giselle - Mel's niece", Isabelle said. Leo and Jamie looked at me and said their hellos. I then felt a light staring and moved my eyes to Diane. At one glance, I knew we wouldn't get along closely. There was a bit of disdain as she looked back at me with calculating eyes. She had the same red hair and green eyes as her brother but they looked very sharp, not at all cute.

"I really don't have time for girls like this", was all Elle was thinking.

Elle learned during the conversations during dinner that Diane was Theo's half sister. Their father certainly had strong genes, she thought. She wanted to digest all she ate at dinner so she was going to take a tour around the house. She also wanted to see if she could find the pill concoction room too.

The house was really imposing. At night, the lights just made everywhere look magical and stunning. There were different statues scattered around and the gardens were well taken care of. There was a variety of herbs grown and her mouth almost watered when she saw them. She decided to check them all in the morning. She saw a well lit glasshouse swimming pool and went to admire it.

She was walking towards the swimming pool house when she saw a figure standing in one of the gardens. She slowly blinked twice as she wasn't sure if that was a person or an apparition. As she got closer she saw it was a man. The person was wearing white all through and had his eyes closed, simply standing like he didn't have a single worry in the world. He looked like he was enjoying the night breeze and tranquility while she felt like she was struck by lightning.

He slowly opened his eyes and shockingly light hazel eyes stared back at her. Elle managed to recover a quarter of her equilibrium and felt she was rudely staring so she walked closer to him - albeit, like a zombie.

As she got closer to him, she felt her heart beating wildly - it went to damn right dangerous levels. She finally lost the quarter of the equilibrium she managed to get back. "This guy looks so perfect and unreal", Elle thought. His jet black shoulder-length hair looked like it was fixed for a red carpet. His light hazel eyes looked more beautiful up close.

"What are you doing here?", his clear, calm voice said. I was startled back to reality. Um, isn't it "who are you?" first before "what are you doing here?" unless he already knew who she was but if that was the case why did she feel like he was annoyed? Ella's brain was working furiously to figure it out.

It was as if he could see right through her, he said, "You're Giselle". Not a question but obviously a statement - as if he was doubting her IQ to answer such a simple question. I replied anyway, "Yes, I'm Elle" hinting that he should call me Elle and not Giselle. "You must be Danté, I missed you at dinner". Um, what type of wording was what? In this atmosphere it almost felt like she meant something else.

"Giselle, you're going in the wrong direction. Towards the West wing isn't where you're staying." First, he completely ignored my hint to call me Elle like he didn't care what I wanted and secondly he ignored my statement and was directly sending me out of his sight. I couldn't feel his strength at all but I knew he was a powerful Celestial because Aunt Mel had told me so; even she didn't know his current level. She told me to avoid him when I see him because he could crush me with one finger. The slight annoyance in his eyes just looked like it was saying, "I can't be bothered with you"

"I wasn't going back to my room. I overate at dinner so I was walking to help the food digest faster. The glasshouse attracted me over here." He looked doubtfully at me. "There is another pool on the third floor of the house. No one told you to avoid the West wing if you could?" I vaguely remember Isabelle talking about the West wing when we were walking to my room but I couldn't tell him that I completely forgot since he was already doubting my IQ.