Chapter Seven: Definitely Above Her Level

Danté looked at the magian in his arms. This little lady never ceased to surprise him. Did she faint because of the flight of stairs or...because he was too close? If it was the latter, then he'd help her just because. No reason - just because...

He carried her in his arms and gently dropped her on the sofa in his study. He then went back to the door because he could still smell his favorite chicken sticks somewhere around. He looked at the bag on the floor, picked it up and went back to sit down. Sure enough, that was where the culprit was, it was the reason why he stood up in the first place. He loved this particular type of chicken and wondered how she knew.

Danté ate quickly and resumed checking the files on his tablet. He looked at Elle from time to time contemplating, she should've woken up by now. He stood up, walked to the sofa and bent down to look at her. After two seconds, he realized - this person was asleep!

Danté gave a light flick to her forehead and she grudgingly woke up. "I can't believe I fell asleep!" Danté gave her a knowing look - of course she knew!

Elle slowly got up from the sofa as she tried to remember what happened before she passed from unconsciousness to sleep. Thinking about the food that was supposed to win her very important points, she looked around for the lunch bag and saw it closed on his table.

"Did you eat already? How was it? I'm sure it was great! Now that we're both refreshed let's look at what we have here today!" Elle excitedly lined up some bottle of pills on Dante's table for him to see. She had a proud expression on her face as she admired her work.

"What level are you? I already know you must be in a higher level than I am but these pills are necessities. Like these multicolored Fruit Pills, they can make you go weeks without eating. If you have time conscious plans, then you can directly cut out eating time plus you'll also save a bunch of money! Also this Weight Pill can help immensely for you or even your girlfriend. Then there's this super pill..." Danté interrupted, "Are you trying to say something? Think I'm fat?"

"No, of course not. I also said your girlfriend could use it", Elle said sheepishly.

"You think I would have a fat girlfriend?"

"With your type of beauty, you'll probably be looking for someone on the same level as you. Isn't that the norm?"

"So fat girls can't be beautiful? And you really think I look beautiful?" Of course fat girls can be beautiful. The point was whether jaw-dropping handsome species like you would look at them twice! Elle was standing in front of Dante's table, and as he fired those two questions, there seemed to be a hint of a smile on his mouth.

Being struck so close with such a devastating face, Elle felt her brain cells take another beating. It had not been easy so far, trying not to dwell on such a face so she ruthlessly imagined he was a pile of money that kept her away from her red convertible car.

Now that plan was blown into pieces as Elle felt a blush crawl on her cheeks. Danté looked fascinatedly at this moneycrazy little magian trying to sell him pills he had no use for. With his power, he could easily get rid of any fat on his body but he liked to gym so the weight pill was as necessary as the "p" in raspberry. The only point he could see was that her pills were definitely purer than the usual.

When Danté continued to stare at her she blurted the first thing she felt was a little reasonable, "Do you live alone in the west wing?" Danté continued to watch the different expressions on her face as she struggled to think of something to say.

After a while, he decided to help her a little. "If what you mean to ask is if other family members live here - the answer is no."

"Not even Theo? I heard you were close." Elle asked.

"Theo doesn't stay in a place for long. He moves around a lot. Why do you ask?"

Elle began to inch away from the table slowly because she was finding it hard to keep up with the conversation. She wasn't made of stone - with such a face, who could withstand the short distance with their reasoning intact?

"No reason. I was wondering if I could have my pill concoction room in your west wing." Elle sneaked a look at Danté and quickly looked away. She wasn't sure how he would respond. But she felt that it would be wise to station her business in the west wing. Danté had a very dignified aura, many other dignified people would definitely come here.

"I'm not a magian, don't you think it would be better to stay in the main house with Isabelle and learn from her?" Danté wisely pointed out. He knew what this little magian was thinking. Theo had filled him in on how "business-oriented" she was.

"However, you can stay here if you agree to give me one hundred and fifty pills every week..."