Chapter Six: Magians and Celestials

Aunt Mel taught Elle how to make her first pill after about hundred herbs were wasted - it was the teacher that wasted it. Elle learned it but became restless because there was nothing new to learn which was another reason why her aunt brought her here. Aunt Mel wanted better opportunities for her gifted niece. Elle knew there were other types of magical creatures but she only ever saw them in books. She wanted to see other gifted people too apart from magians and the few celestials she had done business with.

Elle was currently a level five magian but there were higher levels she could reach with proper guidance and materials. There were fourteen levels for both Magians and Celestials. For magians there were: Level One, Level Two, Level Three, Level Four, Level Five, Level Six, Level Seven, Blue, Black Yellow, Violet, Hazel, Red and White Magians. From level seven, magians could also control their minds to attack and defend.

Each pill made by any level of a magian could only work for magians or celestial of the same level or below. If one's level was higher than the pill concoctor, the pill won't have as much effect. Therefore, the bigger the gap between levels of the pill concoctor and the celestial or magian, the lesser the significance of the pill.

For pillar magians like Elle, each level was more solid than the level of grin magians. The best advantage of pillar magians was that in desperate times, they could level up to save the celestial that they partner with.

Elle was a level five magian that wanted to sell pills to a celestial whose level was clearly higher than hers but she didn't care. As long as one showed the slightest interest she would thoroughly market her pill concocting skills.

With a spring in her step and lunch bag in hand, she excitedly walked to the west wing. She had woken up this morning with a time conscious plan as if she didn't sleep at night and was planning all through the night. She was going to ask Isabelle if she could choose a pill concocting room and pretend to be discontent with the ones she saw and then ask if she could pick a room in the west wing.

That morning in the second room...

"This room is a bit too big, Aunt Isabelle. My level doesn't need such a big room. How about I check the west wing? I went there yesterday and I saw a room that was perfect. I don't want to keep bothering you with this". Elle tried to look concerned as she said this.

Isabelle looked at her with surprised eyes, "You said you went to the west wing yesterday? Are you sure you didn't make a mistake?" There was no way she could've entered the west wing yesterday without alerting Danté and knowing Danté, she doubted that he let her in. It was a miracle if he even talked to her.

"I went there yesterday with Danté. He also showed me the glasshouse and told me to show him my pills today". Elle wasn't sure why Isabelle was looking at her with strange eyes. Did she know she didn't actually enter the west wing? Well, technically, she didn't say she entered the west wing, just that she went there. Elle comforted herself that she wasn't lying.

Elle was starting to worry because Isabelle kept looking at her dumbfounded. Just when she wanted to tell Isabelle not to worry about the pill room in the west wing, Isabelle seemed to get over her shock and quickly led Elle to the kitchen.

"Danté likes this chicken sticks, it's one of the few types of food he has ever shown interest in, you should take it with you as you go. What time are you supposed to meet him?", Isabelle asked as she packed the chicken sticks for Elle. She knew Danté always gave a time frame when anyone wanted to meet him. "He told me to be there by 12pm". Elle looked at her phone and saw it was 11:35am.

"Then you have to hurry along now. Oh, and Elle..." Isabelle waited until Elle looked into her eyes, "Be sure to charge him very well for those pills. Don't worry, he has a lot of money to spend. Now, run along and don't be late"

This type of news was the best kind to Elle. Who didn't like rich clients? Definitely not her! So she hurried to the west wing with dumb smile on her face. She was seeing herself in a new convertible already.

When she got to the west wing, the front doors opened by themselves and she walked in without thinking too much of it. She looked at the time - 11:56am. Her eyes widened and her flew up the staircase. By the time she reached the opened doors of the third room, she was almost convinced she was going to die of breathlessness. Elle was absolutely not the type to exercise, she told herself that running around making pills and also hiding the money gotten from her aunt was exercise enough.

Danté looked at the pale yet stunning face of Elle and said, "You're late". He stood up and  slowly walked around the mahogany table to the front of Elle. He stopped when he was less than twenty centimeters away from her. Elle lost all the breath she had managed to regain when she looked at the shockingly beautiful face of Danté.

She felt the night time made him look better than he looked yesterday so she wasn't prepared for daytime Danté. Elle looked into his eyes and felt like she was been drawn in. Why is he so close? I'm feeling dizzy! Can someone remind me how to breathe! As these thoughts were going through her head, she suddenly... fainted.