1. Managing director, nothing more

Thirty years old Ash Ketchum made his way quickly to an office known by heart. He walked in a rush, almost running into employees, making them trip and drop their documents — he didn't apologize to any of them. He didn't have time for any of it.

Right when he walked past the counter, the secretary stood up. "Mr. Ketchum! You can't-"

Ash ignored her and opened the large door of the office. He slammed the door shut after he got inside.

Delia Ketchum looked up from the papers she was checking. She looked calm for someone who got interrupted rudely and loudly from their work. "Good morning, dear."

"No one cares!" Ash snapped. He put his hand on his chest. "You know you should have asked for my opinion first, right? I make decisions here as well!"

Delia put her hands on the desk. "What's the matter, Ash?"

"The matter is you never take in consideration what I have to say and you look down on me!" Ash snapped again.

"I don't look down on you, honey." Delia shook her head. "I just think some matters can be sorted out without bothering you."

"Like plagiarizing my signature?"

Delia chuckled. "I didn't need your signature to hand over that factory, dear.  Why would you think I'd sign in your place someday?"

"You're missing the point!"

"I didn't sell that factory, Ash." Delia nodded. "I handed it over. It's for char-"

"I'm not blaming you for giving it away." Ash sighed. "You could have just told me first. I deserve to know."

"Well, I thought it wasn't important."

"I mean, I was there this morning and they kept thanking me—I had no clue!" It was always the same story; his mother taking decisions and leaving him out of it.

"I thought it'd serve for something."

"I'm not saying otherwise!"

Delia walked up to her son. She put her hand over his cheek. "You seem stressed these days."

"I'm not." Ash stepped to the back.

"You're still learning, Ash." Delia grabbed his hand. "I want you to be ready for this."

"Dad was twenty-five when he became the CEO!" Ash pulled his hand away. "You can't just keep pushing me away so you can have everything!"

"It's yours as well!"

"No, it's not!" Ash chuckled. "Nothing is mine! I literally have nothing!"

"You're not ready."

"Of course. That's what you're going to say every time to justify stealing my spot!"

"You're obsessed, Ash." Delia was used to it. Ash often talked in this manner. "You just want to be the boss so you can call yourself the boss. It doesn't work this way. Do you even hear what you say?"

"Give me one reason why you think I'm not ready."

Delia crossed her arms over her chest. "You're convinced I stole your spot because I'm jealous of you."

"I chose the wrong words, okay?"

"You can't chose the wrong words when you're a businessman. It could cost you everything." Delia stroked her only son's cheek. "I want you to be one hundred percent ready when it's time to fill your father's spot. Until then, I want you to listen, watch, and learn. Okay?"

"When I'm forty, for example?" He sounded sarcastic.

She hugged him quickly. "Just know I'll always be by your side."

"I feel like you're on the other side, not mine." He sighed.

"You're too blinded by what people say to see it." Delia headed toward the door. She turned around and gestured to her desk. "We want to pay everyone on time so please sign the money transfers, okay?"

He looked at the door after Delia got out and closed it.

Ash dragged his feet toward the desk. He grabbed the money transfers and sat on the leather black chair.

He picked up the pen and started signing his name on one after another. Ash Ketchum. Managing Director

After he signed all papers, he left his mother's office and gave the signed papers to her secretary.

"Dispatch this."

"Yes sir."

Ash left work at ten thirty.