Chapitre Trois

"Addison," boomed a deep, masculine voice. "Get off that pony. You have work to be doing." Addy looked up and rolled her eyes at the temporary trainer of Wheatland Castle Farm. 

"Sorry Mr. Turner. I was just giving Nike a quick ride because he hasn't been worked in two weeks. But I'll get right on my rides for you after I put Nike away." She replied sweetly, not missing a beat. 

"Nonsense. Give him to a groom, you have better things to be doing than untacking horses." George Turner said. 

Addy reluctantly hopped off and watching Turner walk off to the Hunter ring on the sprawling 18 acre property, took her chances with untacking Nike. "Ugh. Sorry buddy, I think Turner got meaner in the past two weeks if that's even possible." She whispered to her pony. "Don't worry Brian will be back next week and we can go back to having fun." Addy rustled Nike's mane as she got back to the barn and started to untack him. Brian Hamilton was her regular trainer- the man who took her from the small ponies at age 7 to currently, where she regularly showed anywhere from the junior jumpers to the big eq. And occasionally was rewarded with a trip in the Pony Jumpers with Nike. 

"I tacked Cally up for you, I was told to tell you to be in the Eq ring in 5," Braden said, interjecting Addy's thoughts. 

"Thanks," Addy said with a sigh, "but I should really put Nike out before I ride."

Without answering, Braden swapped Cally's reins for Nike's lead and walked out of the barn with a smirk. Addy smiled and headed over to the Eq ring where Cally's nervous owner was waiting. 

"Hi Addy I'm so sorry to bother you the day after you got back, but I hope you don't mind I just wanted Cally to get a ride in before..." Mrs. Sheenan rambled on as Addy swung herself up on the large chestnut mare. She was a sweet horse, but could get excited at shows, so Addy usually gave her a hard hack the day before a show to tire her out. 

"It's really no problem Mrs. S! You know I love Cal!" Addy reassured her as she clicked the mare into a trot. She worked on the mare's flatwork for about 30 minutes, pushing for extensions and then collecting her back up. The mare loved to work and her warmblood body made her a beautiful mover. Addy let Cally amble around the ring as she looked at the jumps in the ring. They were mostly set at 3' and although Mrs. Sheenan never showed over 2'6, Cally could easily do a 3'6 course. Addy collected the mare and asked for a canter and easily sat her rocking stride. She pointed Cally to a 3' vertical and found a nice distance, the mare snapping up her knees and Addy easily folding her body. She smiled on the landing and patted Cally, who obviously pleased with herself pranced and threw her head, wanting to keep going. Addy finished up with a course and cooled Cally out before going back to the judges stand where Mrs. Sheenan was standing with a groom and a black gelding she'd never seen before.

"Jose who do you have there?" She called over to her favorite groom. Well besides Braden, duh. 

"This one's a real firecracker. He just came last week while you were gone. Brian thinks he'd be a jumper for you. Wants you to try him today." Jose said softly, handing Addy the reins and taking Cally back to the barn with Mrs. Sheenan. "There's a course set up for you in Ring 3. Big jumps."

Oh boy. Addy was hoping this wasn't the GP idea her Dad had slipped to Brian. Those two were plotting to get her killed, she sweared. Addy appreciatively glanced over the gorgeous warmblood gelding. He looked around at the farm activity, bored, as Addy approached Ring 3 and stopped in her tracks. The 4'9 course alone could've stopped her. But that's not what did. A lanky girl riding was Sandy, one of Brian's jumper horses. "Um, excuse me? What do you think you're doing?" Addy called to the mystery girl.

 Note: Picture of Cally to the right